Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I have posted here before but made a shocking army! I have reveiwed the tactica and would apreciate it if you could anylise my new list and make comments.

I am normaly a guard player, and I am starting to collect Marines as my secondary army.
This is a Crimson fists list. 1100pts is an odd number, so I would apreciate any advice on making it 100pts leaner or what units would be effective for padding it out to 12 or 1500.

Thanks-

HQ

Captain;
Terminator Armour, 2x Lightning Claws
Terminator Command Squad
3x Terminators; 2x Assault Cannons, 2x Chainfist
Sergeant; Power Weapon, Storm Bolter
Drop Pod

Elites

Terminator Squad
4x Terminator; 2x Assault Cannons, 2x Chainfist
Sergeant; Power Weapon, Storm Bolter
Drop Pod

Troops

Tactical Squad #1
7x Space Marines; 1x Lascannon, 1x Plasmagun
1x Sergeant; Bolt Pistol, CCW

Tactical Squad #2
7x Space Marines; 1x Lascannon, 1x Plasmagun
1x Sergeant; Bolt Pistol, CCW

Heavy Support

Devistator Squad
7x Space Marines; 4x Heavy Bolter
1x Sergeant; Bolt pistol, CCW

I would apreciate any suggestions/criticisms of my choice of units, how they work or don't work with each other and any suggestions people have to offer.

The general idea is for the tactical squads to sit back and provide anti-tank where the redudnancy is greatest, and the devistator squad will handle most basic troops, meanwhile the Terminators come in by drop pod and try to get into close combat.

Thanks for comments in advance

643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi S_Q, thanks for the comments, I know 1100 is silly, and I don't intend to field that number - but I had trouble getting everything I wanted for 1000 (probibly because of all the Terminators!).

I really ran with your idea of the Hellfire Dread. So I have ditched the devestaor squad in favour of him and I have also added the Reclusiarch and lost the Terminator command squad as you advised.

The one thing I wasn't sure about is slogging the Terminators. I agree that 2 squads in drop pods wasn't a good idea, but I think that just a single 5-man squad will die if it tries to slog. Would you recomend upping the squad size?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.