Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am playing in a bracket with some friends. I will be up against various chapters of SM, chaos, necrons, nids, tau, eldar, IG,....I think thats it.
I think I want to have the option to use a wwp if I need to, especially against IG and tau and other shootie armies. I don't really want to put 2 in for the fact I don't think I will use it every game. And I have a phobia against tanks for some reason and I seem to always miss them, that is why i have 3 sniper squads. please critique and argue against what I said above if you think I should do something else.

Archon 131pts
-shadow field, combat drugs, s.pistol, agoniser

sniper 100pts

sniper 100pts

sniper 100pts

10 warriors 100pts
-2 s.cannons, syrb w/ wwp

9 warriors 142pts
-raider w/ horrorfex, s. cannon

8 wyches 200pts
-raider w/ horrorfex, w.weapons, plas. nades, succ, agn.

ravager 120pts
-3 dissies

talos 100pts

total 1149
-68 infantry
-8 dark lances
-3 s. cannons

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
I think I would use a Dracon if you are planning to put your HQ on one of the raiders. With the extra points I would beef up that warrior squad with the portal (since it is the only one you got).

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
bubbathebrute said:
Archon 131pts
-shadow field, combat drugs, s.pistol, agoniser
I would drop this to a dracon as previously suggested and give this model the WWP, it is far more survivable as if it si not the closest model it cannot be targeted at all and it is also capable of covering 13-18" on the charge allowing to catch up to the rest of your army more effectively after dropping the portal. (-25 points)

bubbathebrute said:
sniper 100pts

sniper 100pts

sniper 100pts
Personally I think the 3 sniper squads are overkill because you also have 2 raiders, which supply you with a total of 6 lances anyway. I'd swap the lances for cannons upgrade one guy to a sybarite and slap an agoniser on him (-1 points gained).

bubbathebrute said:
10 warriors 100pts
-2 s.cannons, syrb w/ wwp
Add an agoniser. and throw in a blaster. (+31 points)

bubbathebrute said:
9 warriors 142pts
-raider w/ horrorfex, s. cannon
I'd drop the horrorfex and the number of warriors to 5 (-6 points)

bubbathebrute said:
8 wyches 200pts
-raider w/ horrorfex, w.weapons, plas. nades, succ, agn.
This is fine, but I'd drop a wyche (-20 points)

bubbathebrute said:
ravager 120pts
-3 dissies
I'd add a nightshield in exchange for a wyche (-5 points)

bubbathebrute said:
talos 100pts
Talos is good

bubbathebrute said:
total 1149
How many points are you playing to? I've kept it within your points value, but could suggest some other changes if I had a more exact points range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts