Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Playing a Doubles 1250ea (2500 total) tournament and just wanted some assistance, my team mate is going to be playing chaos. We are in it mostly for the fun of the game and want to have our lists kind of themed to a joint chaos army.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Wargor: 139
Heavy Armor, Gnarled Hide , Steel Claws
Wargor: 139
Heavy Armor, Ramhorn Helm, BSB , Biting Blade
Gors: 337
x39, additional hand weapons, full command
Ungor Raiders – 60
Ungor Raiders – 60
Tuskgor Chariot : 80
Minotaurs: 428
x6, Full Command, Great Weapons

or

Wargor- 134
Heavy Armor, The Brass Cleaver, Gouge Tusks
Wargor – 139
Biting Blade, Heavy Armor, Biting Blade, Gnarled Hide
Tuskgor Chariot – 80
Bestigors – 330
x25, full command
Gors- 281
x32, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command
Gors- 281
x32, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here are some thoughts, feel free to ignore any or all of them...

1) Your BSB needs to survive at all costs (primal Fury Re-rolls)... how about taking Armor of Fortune and a great weapon instead.
2) I would swap one group of raiders for a Razorgor... they are tough, fast and mean. Perfect for threatening chaff, chasing down war machines and can handle many solo characters.
3) I prefer Fencer's Blades over Steel Claws. You will already be re-rolling misses which means you will be hitting with every attack almost every time... the big plus is your opponent will most likely be hitting you on 5s and at T5 you will be hard to wound.
3) An alternative build out for your general is Hv Armor, Great Weapon and Crown of Command. While not quite as killy it may keep your gors in the fight should they get smacked in the face
4) Consider giving your BSB the Beast Banner, Gnarled hide, heavy armor and a shield. This will make your gor unit a blender! Believe it or not, you could run your general with hv armor and extra hand weapon... he doesn't gain you much. Your BSB is 5x more important because of primal fury re-rolls.
5) Consider 2 units of 3 minos with musician only. You pay through the nose just to get 1 extra attack for the champion (not worth the points) and every banner they carry is a threat to give your opponent victory points if they are beaten. They win combat by doing lots of wounds... the banner may give them +1 to CR but you trade that with the extra cost to carry a banner and the risk of giving up victory points if defeated. I suggest units of 3 because with all the extra attacks they can generate due to bloodgreed the second row will not benefit as they only get their base attacks. If you have 2 units you can threaten 2 different areas on the table with big scary bull/men with hairy faces and big weapons.
6) Depending on your meta, if you know you will be facing war machines and such, invest in some harpies and razorgors.

Here would be my 1250 list
Great Bray Shaman - Lv3 Talisman of Preservation, Lore of Beasts (Lore of Shadow is also a good pick)
Wargor BSB - Beast Banner, Hv Armor, shield, Gnarled Hide

Gor Herd (30x) - full command, XHW
Chariot (1x)

Razorgor (1x)
Razorgor (1x)
Harpies (7x)
Mino (4x) - Lt Armor Great Weapon

Gors hold the center, Chariot supports the gors, Minos threaten a flank, razorgors remove chaff and harpies go after warmachines.
Get the signature spell from beasts off and now you have Ws4 S5 T5 Att2 (re-rolling misses) Gors tearing up anything they touch! And your BSB would be S6 T6...hehe. At 1250 any army would be hard pressed against that!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the layout of the list you've recommended and will play test it tomorrow. I don't have any harpies or razorgors but Ive made a list somewhat based off of your advice, let me know what you think.

Great Brey Shaman
- Level 3, Lore of Beasts

Wargor
- BSB, Beast Banner, Heavy Armor, Shield, Gnarled Hide

Gors
x35, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command

Tuskgor Chariot - 80
Tuskgor Chariot - 80

Minotaurs - 378
- x6, Great Weapons

·
Registered
288 Posts
You don't have anything that can deal with chaff or war machines. You may find you have some difficulty because of that. Might I suggest having 2 units of 3x minos... then you wont have all your eggs in one basket.

Also, your great shaman needs a ward save... if just for the miscasts.

Good luck in play testing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts