Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tomorrow, or should I say today, I'm meeting up with 3 friends. We have friendly grudge games on the weekend, there armies are Eldar, CSM, and IG. Here is a list that is a branch off my 2k list.

Let me know what you think. Improvements or side notes would be creately appreciated.

HQ:

[100] Librarian
-Force Weapon

Elites:

[200]Sternguard Squad x5
x4 Combi-Melta (Includes Serg)
-Serg, Combi-Melta PF
Drop Pod

*Drop with Lib, can take on any task that needs to be done*

Troops:

[235] Tactical Squad x10
-Melta, ML
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Rhino Transport

[235] Tactical Squad x10
-Melta, ML
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Rhino Transport

*These two Rhinos are the guardians of the troops, fire point so I can pick off while being safe inside (useful for when im getting into position). Basically be front pinch for the drop (which hopefully I dont roll under a 4 for that lol)*

[225] Tactical Squad x10
-Flamer, MM
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Drop Pod

*In your face Pod, run with Sternguard, overload a side, pinch with charging rhinos to an edge. Cause panic with this, lots of pressure tends to do that. My main tactic with this. Since LIbrarian will be with Stern in Pod, Null Zone im counting on to do enough to get those pesky Eldar or CSM. Vortex is also closer range, so need to bring him in fast and close, and no better way than with possibly best unit in the game, Sternguard.

Basically, these tactical boys are here for support and help with squeeze*

Fast Attack:

[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF

[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF

*Great against all three. HF to take out dires if i want troops. MM to take out the mostly MeQ IG. MM to take out big armor for CSM (he usually runs nothing larger than a vind). Deep Strike will be used. Great support for the Tactical and Stern that are coming down.*

Heavy Support:

[115] Vindicator

*This is great for the Eldar opponent more than the others, strictly for the reason she foot slogs her Dire Avengers and Warlocks. with str 8 ap 3, should make chili out of them. Also not bad for CSM opponent, he runs an off shoot branch, not fully chaos, SO i dont need to worry aobut "Feel no pain" or anything like that. He travels with most in a rhino and such, but his usual tactic involves disembarking a little ways in front to get into CC, im whilling to sacrefice a scatter by my own lines (I run everything in a transport as you can see, so I hope to coax him into a trap, load my guys back up, then ordinance him).*

TOTAL: 1250 pts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
[100] Librarian
-Force Weapon
What powers?
[200]Sternguard Squad x5
x4 Combi-Melta (Includes Serg)
-Serg, Combi-Melta PF
Drop Pod
Shame you can't get 10 men in this squad, so you can combat squad on deployment and waste two tanks! I'd probably drop one of the tactical squads to bump these up, I don't think you really need a potential 6 objective holders in 1250 points!
[235] Tactical Squad x10
-Melta, ML
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Rhino Transport
I would give these a Razorback myself I'd prefer to have covering fire from the ML.
[235] Tactical Squad x10
-Melta, ML
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Rhino Transport
Same here.
[225] Tactical Squad x10
-Flamer, MM
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Drop Pod
Good (although if you have any points left over a combi-melta wouldn't go amiss)
[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF
[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF
If you're deep striking these I'd suggest a locator beacon or two in the pods.
[115] Vindicator
My favourite tank :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response.

Librarian will more than likely have Null Zone and VofD

I would not mind taking more Stern, but you feel that would be better than having more basic troop?

SO you would recommend combat squading the Tacticals, Let the Razorback take em with cover from the ML. Only concern is that I have to footslog men if I do that. I'm not a fan of that at all! >.< lol But it makes sense. Why tie up a ML plus the Razorback can unload some pain.

Locator Beacon for the pods is good.

Revamped according to what you though. Do you feel that is better?

HQ:

[100] Librarian
-Force Weapon
Null Zone, V of D

Elites:

[340]Sternguard Squad x10
x5 Combi-Melta (Includes Serg)
-Serg, Combi-Melta PF
Drop Pod (Locator Beacon)

Troops:

[240] Tactical Squad x10
-Melta, ML
-Serg, Boltgun PF
Razorback (Heavy Bolter)

[245] Tactical Squad x10
-Flamer, MM
-Serg, Combi-Melta PF
Drop Pod (Locator Beacon)

Fast Attack:

[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF

[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF

[70] Land Speeder
-MM, HF

Heavy Support:

[115] Vindicator

TOTAL: 1250 pts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just a small suggestion: could be an idea to give one of the Landspeeders a Heavy Bolter rather than a Multi-Melta, there's a lot of melta in the army, a little more anti-infantry can't hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.