Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there! I've been playing OK for few months and I recently decided to buy some high elves since I find the models really cool.

Here's my problem; I'm not very experienced and I would need some advices on my army list.

Here it is :

Mage lv2 175 pts
Ring of fury

Mage lv2 135 pts
Dispel Scroll

Noble 162 pts
BSB
Great Weapon
Reaver bow
Heavy Armour

Spearmen (x15) 160 pts
Musician
Standard bearer

White lions (x14) 160 pts
Musician

Dragon Princes (x5) 160 pts
Musician

Lion Chariot of Chrace

RBT

Great Eagle

In future, please do not post the points costs of units without upgrades. - GN out

·
Registered
137 Posts
This list isn't bad at all Antego and covers more or less everything at 1250 points.

Really the only changes I would make would be to drop the Eagle and Lion Chariot, (sorry not a fan of chariots), for another RBT and a unit of 5 Shadow Warriors. Ideally you would also boost the Spearelves unit to 18 so that you could have all 3 ranks of 6 ASF.

You may also want to think about putting the Armour of Caledor on the BSB just to give him a nice 2+ save and dropping the Reaver Bow.

With a bit of jiggling you could also give the Silver Wand to the Mage with Ring of Fury and the Jewel of Dusk to the other Mage. This would really add to their offensive potential.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments :)

Here's the modified list :

Heroes
Mage l2
Ring of fury
Silver Wand
Sacred incense

Mage lv2
Dispel Scroll
Jewel of dusk

Noble
BSB
Great weapon
Armour of caledor

Core
Archers (X10)

Spearmen (x18)
Musician
Standard Bearer

Special
White lions (x14)
Musician

Dragon Princes (x5)
Musician

Shadow warrior (X7)

Rare
RBT

RBT

·
Registered
278 Posts
A good balanced and I would think effective army list. My only basic change i would suggest is, if the sacred incense mage is intended for the unit of WL, the points would be better spent elsewhere, if however it is not ignore this advice. I fight a white lion army and they have the best basic save in the HE army against missile fire(at 3+) and against canons this wont help at all. They can also avoid other missile fire ( such as RBT) as they can move through any woods without penalties. They are however vulnerable to magical bomb spells ( with like all elves T3) it would be more taticaly effective perhapse to invest in the banner of arcane protection as a defensive measure for your unit of WL ( I know that this would involve jiggling some points). Good luck and have fun!

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I would go somewhere in between your 2 lists. You're character heavy for this amount of points, but the characters are fun and you obviously want a magic phase

Heroes
Mage l2 This guy is over points, you can fit the silver wand and ring of fury for a total of 185, but drop the sacred incense, you don't need it and your mage can only hold 50pts of magic items
Ring of fury
Silver Wand
Sacred incense

Mage lv2Don't know if you need the scroll since you should rule the magic phase, i would prefer to use those 20pts on a warbanner, but I guess you can't be too careful either. Seer staff might be a better choice if you have the points, then you can be sure to get the spells you want on 1 mage at least.
Dispel Scroll
Jewel of dusk

Noble I actually liked this guy better before. Good shooting in small pt games is very deadly and ususally wins games. The Reaver bow will smack most enemy units (this guy hits everything on a 2 for the most part! and wounds on a 2-3usually)With ASF and great weapon, you're going to smack the enemy with a stand and shoot w/ reaver bow and then smack him with your str6 grt wpn before he gets to do anything. You'll rarely get beat on that (it's possble, but rare, and by then he'll have paid for himself)
BSB
Great weapon
Armour of caledor

Core
Archers (X10)

Spearmen (x18)
Musician
Standard Bearer

Special
White lions (x14)
Musician

Dragon Princes (x5)
Musician

Shadow warrior (X7)

Rare
RBT

RBT
everything else looks good. The banner of sorcery might be overkill, warbanner on the spearmen would be helpful as well (maybe more than the bsb at this point). I think the basic strategy would be to shoot and magic, then clean up with the WL and spears. If you're using High Magic, use your shield of saphery to protect you from the bad guys shooting and in combat, since you numbers are super low.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I agree with buckeroO shooting seems to be much more effective in low points battles ( whilst magic seems much less effective), in a 2K list I take a BsB as you have him set up in the last list, but in a lower points cost battles the reaver bow may well make the difference and I set up my BsB with a reaver bow at under 1500pts. However you have to fight with a list you enjoy using and only you know the types of opponents you will be fighting so good luck and as always have fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.