Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its getting to the point where I need to expand my Eldar Army again, So I was working some stuff out with my pen and pencil and came up with this 1250 list.

HQ: 153
Farseer
- Bike, Spirit Stones, Singing Spear, Doom, Guide

Elite: 307
10 Howling Banshees
- Exarch, Executioner, Acrobatic
Wave Serpent
-EML

Troop: 559
10 Dire Avengers
-Exarch, Bladestorm, duel cats
Wave Serpent
- Brightlance

5 Rangers
-Pathfinders

6 Guardian Jetbikes
-2 Cannons

Heavy Support: 230
Fire Prism
Fire Prism

I wanted to try my hand at modeling a bike seer, and give him mobility separate from either the Shee or Avenger Serpents. + I think the GU bikes would be quite effective under guide.

I feel like I need the brightlance, because without any fire dragons I really only have the farseer's spear to have a chance against AV14... and I feel 1250 is bound to have a few LRs and such running about.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yea, I was intending to have the Farseer accompany the jet bikes.

I was thinking about it, and I wonder if it would be in my best interest to drop spirit stones and guide?

On the one hand I kinda want to guide those GJB cannons. But on the other, it would save 40 points for spirit stones and other various upgrades for the serpents and prisms or warding / witnessing...

Speaking of various upgrades, are under slung cannons a good idea for Prisms? That gives them an extra heavy weapon for when their prism cannon gets shot off, and they make better use of it than either Falcons or Serpents due to BS 4, or would I always be better off saving the points and just using them as glorified battering rams after their cannon gets shot off?

Conversely, should I try to scrounge up another 10 points, and exchange guide for fortune? Which would give my GBJ's re-rolling armor / cover saves, making them an insanely hard unit, which makes up for them being a primary target for an opposing armies small arms fire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks like a good list. highly mobile. Only things i would change would be banshees to scorpions as they have a lot of attacks and rangers to fire dragons. Also i would replace your farseer with eldrad Ulthran. Other than that it looks quite good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.