Trp: Warriors X12 = 216

FA: Destroyers X3 = 150

FA: Destroyers X3 = 150

FA: Wraiths X3 = 123

HS: Tomb Spyders w/ partical projectors X2 = 110

HS: Heavy Destroyers = 130

Total: 1985
PO: 14

The 1250 pt list is what I generally have been playing against my friends (once I got it set properly I accidentally played 1050 vs my friend's 1250 D. Hunters, didn't end well) The 2k list is my full collection. My armys are tailored to protect against PO while retaining high mobility, so I don't use any non-necron units other then Tomb spyders. (which I bought the projector models for so field them as such)
I have problems with getting phased out late game (roughly turn 5) Any suggestions for tactics or differing builds?

Thanks

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
What aspect of your friends' lists hurt you the most? You mentioned DHs, what else are they fielding and what are they doing and at what point levels? You may be doing it right, but I'm going to ask anyway: when do you determine PO in your games?

General notes:
- Particle projectors are horrible on TSs. The TS shines in combat and the extra attack helps. Since it's friendly play, just say it has two claws.
- DFs on Flayed Ones is iffy for me. Generally you want your FOs putting their attacks to good use in combat while the rest of the army handles armour, yay for Gauss.
- Run your pair of HDs in two squads but keep them within 6" of each other for WBB benefit. This will allow you to split fire if you choose and forces your friends to target two seperate units to take them out.
- All things remaining the same, use 10 of your spare points to put a Warscythe on the DLord (under the assumption that he is running with the Wraiths).

Your lists look good. I would say take the FOs out of the 1250 list and add more Warriors, but there isn't anything terribly wrong with having them.

Reactions: forumjayz

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What hurt in that Daemon hunter battle was I was playing with 200 less points then my opponent, that and he got ABSURDLY lucky and wiped out my entire immortals squad in one combat round with a lone justicar (sweeping advance after dropping one Immortal and I rolled double 6s on my leadership, I lost combat.)

I threw D-fields on the flayed ones for a points filler, I have plenty of luck just shooting Tanks into dust generally. And I actualy found them very useful against my friend's Lost and the Damned army (took out a squad of guardsmen in one turn on a charge) And since I don't have any extra warriors I welcome the CC experts.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Generally good.

At 125 i think 10 Immortals are a little many, possibly loose a few, as well as 4 warriors. Boost the FO unit by 1 or 2 and look at adding in the Wraiths and/or some Scarabs.

As for the 2K, split the Heavy Des into 2 units of 1. Run them close together when not near a Spyder.
As Kore aid, loose the FO's DF's, also dropping some Warriors or an Immortal or two, in order to get 2 more Destroyers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.