Glade guardx12: muscian, lords bowmen =180

Glade Ridersx8: muscian, standard bearer, Horsemaster = 228

Dryads x10 = 120

Special:
Wardancers x9 : musician, bladesinger = 183

tree kin x3: elder =215

total= 1249

Just starting WE, and warhammer, just hoping for some helpful advice/tactics. thanks in advance.

The Prince.

·
4,361 Posts
Heros:
Noble: Great weapon, Bow of Loren
The bow of Loren isn't that great without the arcane bodkins, which you can't get at this level. I would replace it with either the Hail of Doom Arrow, or the amber pendant. Also get some light armour and shield.

Spellsinger: lvl 2
The level upgrade isn't worth it. Just stick to a level one scroll caddy.

Core:

I would drop the unit size to 10, drop the lords bowmen, and only keep the musicians if you have the spare points.

Glade Ridersx8: muscian, standard bearer, Horsemaster = 228
Too big also. Units of 5 with musician is all you need.

Dryads x10 = 120
I would drop these guys to 8 as well.

Special:
Wardancers x9 : musician, bladesinger = 183
Don't mind this unit. You are at the upper end of the size and could lose one or two if you need the points.

tree kin x3: elderReally too expensive for this point level for what they do. And the elder is never worth the points. They just aren't resilient enough without a strong combat themed army to help them out. I would take wild riders instead.
By cutting down on the unit sizes and things you will have the points for a bunch of other things. Great eagles are always useful, Another unit of dryads would be good also.

Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
390 Posts
Double check your point values as you are very much overcharging yourself for things.

I also agree with essentially everything sirkently said.

For wood elves at least champions are pretty bad unless you have a character in the unit that you want to protect from challenges.

Wood elves should also avoid putting standards in units with two exceptions: eternal guard, which are block infantry, and wild riders, which should only take a standard if you are giving them the magical War Banner.

Optimal unit sizes are as follows, including characters that you intend to put in the unit:

Glade Guard: 10
Glade Riders: 5
Dryads: 8
Eternal Guard: Varies.
Wild Riders: 6
Wardancers: 7-8
Treekin: 3-4
Warhawk Riders: 3-4
Waywatchers: Varies.

If you want good advice, I'd suggest reading the wood elf tactica on these forums or heading over to the asrai.org and reading the section called the "LEAF."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts