Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its not really a conversion at all more of a weapons swap, but how do you get extra missile launcher, a long fangs box has none, devastators have 1 but its not listed, so where would i go to get a missile launcher for my fangs. other than buying 3 dev squads.

oh and if anyone has done this type of thing before could you tell me how you positioned the missile launcher. (my long fangs config requires 3 missile launchers+1 lascannon, though lascannon is nice and easy as its listed online.)

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I believe its in the tactical squad sprue (though that is expensive as well). Your best bet would be to see if you have any mates that would sell one to you, paint strip it and re-paint it.

It does suck that you can't buy blisters of it.

I positioned my missile launcher so the long fang is looking down the sight, as if he is tracking a target.

Hope this helps.

·
288 Posts
Yes, the old Tactical Squad box contained bitz for 10 marines and a "command" mini-sprue which gave you Sergeant bitz as well as a Missile Launcher and Flamer.

I'm hazy about how the new tacitcal sprues are arranged but I'm sure you don't get more than 1 Missile Launcher per box set.

I too thought I would have problems with getting enough missile launchers for my 13th Co. Long Fangs (which I am in the process of building).

I too am setting up two Long Fang packs with 1 Lascannon and 3 missile launchers each.

Luckily I have avoided adding very many missile launchers to tactical squads in the past and was able to cannibalize missile launcher bitz from the "command" sprues I mentioned above.

Somewhere along the line I also ended up with one of the new actual command sprues which comes with a Kneeling Legs pose without having to convert your own. In each Long Fangs squad I have posed as 1) shooting, 2) shooting with missile tip sticking of of the barrel and 3) pointing down loading a new missile.

I'll see if I can post some pics. tonight.

I would agree that your best bet will probably to beg off bitz from friends as Outsider stated.

Good luck,
Jon

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
The best bit is the actual long fang squad is next to useless, if you build the squad from the box you get a 200 point squad and you can't use the multimelta.

I have two missile launchers, got them both from some models my mates didn't want, one of them has THE worst painting you have ever seen, only becasue I didn't strip it before I painted it (also its previous cost of paint was so thick!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts