Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I decided to come up with a 13th Company list to try out, instead of playing with my normal Space Wolves. I've never really seen an army list for these guys, so I'm just going off the top of my head. Let me know what you think.

HQ
Wolf Lord
- Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Combi-bolter, Belt of Russ, Mark of the Wulfen
Rune Priest
- Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Combi-melta
Wolf Priest
- Rune Armor, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol

Elites
15 Wulfen
10 Storm Claws
- 2 Power Weapons, Wolf Guard Leader - Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen

Troops
6 Grey Hunters
- 2 Meltas, Wolf Guard Leader- Power Weapon, Combi-melta
10 Grey Hunters

Fast Attack
11 Wolves
11 Wolves
10 Wolves

Heavy Support
5 Longfangs
- 4 Lascannons

Total: 2002 points (its a friendly game, so those 2 points don't matter)
81 Models

The Wolf Lord goes with the Storm Claws as the main combat unit. The Rune Priest takes the smaller unit of Grey Hunters and uses the Gate to hopefully pop a tank early in the game (4 melta shots should be enough, barring any terrible rolling). The Wolf Priest goes with the Wulfen. The Wolves can either be used to screen the more expensive units or I can use them to add a large amounts of attacks on to turn the battle. Long Fangs hunt down tanks, the others aim for whatever is feasible to kill.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
HQ
Wolf Lord
- Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Combi-bolter, Belt of Russ, Mark of the Wulfen
Use a bolt pistol, so that you can get plus one attack on the charge.

Rune Priest
- Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Combi-melta
Combi weapons don't work with true grit last i heard. So i suggest a bolt pistol, even though your likely going to be using him to port around the melta squad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the old FAQ (the one from Chapter Approved) combi-weapons could be used with the True Grit rule. In the Revised FAQ, it doesn't mention anything about it. So I was just going with the old ruling.

·
LO Ninja
1,214 Posts
When was that FAQ made? I think the WH40K rule book says that combi weapons don't work with true grit, but i could be wrong.
As far as i know the BGB over rides any rules like true grit and other such (similar argument with grey knight terminators). Old codex have lots of holes that need filling, a mate had a space puppy codex and it made my head hurt reading it! :X
Hmm looking at a 2000pt list uve got very few anti tank. Mind you those wulfen can rend em to death!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, well that's a bit of rain on my parade. The Chapter Approved was the 2nd one they came out with, back before 4th edition came out. Perhaps, I'll switch to plasma pistols, that way I can get a decent amount of attacks on the charge. The other thing I thought about was dropping the Long fangs, and adding two units of 3 bikes with 2 meltaguns each. Any thoughts on that matter?

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
I would not recommend plasma pistols for HQ models. They are too valuable to risk losing wounds to the plasma rule.

As far as the bikes go I think they would be more cost effective than the long fangs, though I would just field one pack of six with two meltaguns. This limits the number of targets they may engage, but greatly increases the survivability of them as a whole.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've done some messing around with the points and have come up with some ideas. By dropping the combi-meltas on the Wolf Guard and Rune Priest, and the combi-bolter on the Wolf Lord, as well as the Long Fangs and the 2 11-strong wolf units, I can add 2 units of 5 bikes and 2 melta guns per unit. It also gives me the points to beef up the smaller Grey Slayer unit to 10 and to give the second one some special weapons. This gives me a decent amount of anti-tank, although its very short ranged. I also have some decent combat still in the Storm Claws, Wulfen, and Wolves.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
I would not recommend plasma pistols for HQ models. They are too valuable to risk losing wounds to the plasma rule.

I actually think that the PP is pretty decent on an HQ since you only have a 5.6% chance of taking a wound each time you fire the pistol. Assuming that you manage to fire it every single round that is only a 33.3% chance of him taking a single wound the whole game.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Well considering that you will probably only get 2 PP shots (maybee 3) per game I find those odds acceptable. Atleast until the new codex comes out and the cost of PP goes up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HQ
Wolf Lord
- Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Belt of Russ, Mark of the Wulfen
Rune Priest
- Terminator Armor, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol
Wolf Priest
- Rune Armor, Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol

Elites
15 Wulfen
10 Storm Claws
- 2 Power Weapons, Wolf Guard Leader - Power Weapon, Mark of the Wulfen

Troops
10 Grey Slayers
- 2 Meltas, Wolf Guard Leader- Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol
10 Grey Slayers, 1 Melta

Fast Attack
10 Wolves
5 Bikes
- 2 meltas
5 Bikes
- 2 Meltas

2003 points
68 models

I took some of the advice here into consideration, as well as some I've gotten elsewhere. I think the bikes will end up doing a little better than the long fangs at killing tanks. Plus I've beefed up the Grey Slayers so they can survive a bit better after using The Gate. Thoughts?

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
I was under the impression that only 1 mark of the wulfen may be taken in an army list.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
in a space wolf army yes this is true, but in the 13th company that limit is removed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.