Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... first of all... why the heck have they updated army builder with every EoT army EXCEPT 13th comp? sooo lame...

anyways, i recently bought the space wolves box kit and swapped the rhino for a box of wulfen then threw in a few extra marines i had.

so i had some questions... ive already constructed my guys and this is what i have... i want to make sure its all legal (i dont have a codex yet, and there is nothing online).

im also wondering about how many points i have? i know in reg space wolves i can get up to almost 1000, and i know the 13th comp is hight points stuff.

2 squads of grey slayers-
both with 5 marines and a battle leader.
both have 2 marines meltaguns.

2 squads of blood claws-
6 in each
as many power weapons as possible (its either 2 or 4), no plasma pistols

1 squad of 5 wulfen
(i do intend on getting many more)

1 squad of 3 bikers
i was wondering if they could take meltabombs?
they can have 2 power weapons, right?

i still need my wolf lord... i would currently just use WG battle leaders as wolf lord or whatever HQ was needed.
then i definitely intend on a wolf priest asap.

also suggestions would be nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have your wolf guard pack leader with the grey slayers pack it costs you 10 points, so you should load him up with additional equipment. If you give him terminator armour, the pack and him cannot take the free move at the start of the game.

It is only two power weapons per pack of blood claws.

You can only take meltabombs on models upgraded to wolf guard pack leader, or a wolf lord. I use my wolf lord on a bike using a white scars commander - much modified. This was at the suggestion of my local GW, and later they showed a similar conversion in WD.

Get the Rune priest to use the 'Gate' which allows you to move squads anywhere on the board. Makes up for lack of transport.

Get a box of chaos marines, and even a chaos biker, to allow you to mix and match for that authentic lost in the eye of terror look. I also added in some assault marine sprue, which has legs in a running pose (more in keeping with the assault nature of the 13th company), flamers (which I like as they do not slow down assaulting troops), and meltabombs.

It is taking me a lot longer than I expected, with all the conversions and this being my first army, and I have only fought once with it. So take my advice with a pinch of salt - I am only a beginner.

All the best, Derek

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 13th Company question? What is everyone using for the Fenrisian Wolf Pack? Are these the dire wolf from GW? Why aren't most of you that play the 13th company army using them? I have most everything else to field my army except those, and was wondering if I should even get them or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used the dire wolf from Warhammer - I used the plastic head as the metal one is too chaos like - (I was planning to stick the metal heads to the front of my bikes to give them a bit more space wolves character). There was an article in WD which suggested using chaos hounds, as once Fenrisian wolves have been in the eye of terror for centuries, they were bound to get a bit warped by chaos. I'm not so sure myself and reckon that they are too chaos like, but you pays your money...

I have ten wolves at present and may get more. Their points value is low and they can be used as cavalry. You do not get a great troop choice in 13th Company, so you might as well add some for variety and use them as light cavalry. Not cheap to buy though – for the price of six wolves you could get 10 storm claws (or grey hunters) or 5 wulfen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by inthefaceofwar@Oct 1 2003, 12:06
ok... first of all... why the heck have they updated army builder with every EoT army EXCEPT 13th comp? sooo lame...

anyways, i recently bought the space wolves box kit and swapped the rhino for a box of wulfen then threw in a few extra marines i had.

so i had some questions... ive already constructed my guys and this is what i have... i want to make sure its all legal (i dont have a codex yet, and there is nothing online).

im also wondering about how many points i have? i know in reg space wolves i can get up to almost 1000, and i know the 13th comp is hight points stuff.

2 squads of grey slayers-
both with 5 marines and a battle leader.
both have 2 marines meltaguns.

2 squads of blood claws-
6 in each
as many power weapons as possible (its either 2 or 4), no plasma pistols

1 squad of 5 wulfen
(i do intend on getting many more)

1 squad of 3 bikers
i was wondering if they could take meltabombs?
they can have 2 power weapons, right?

i still need my wolf lord... i would currently just use WG battle leaders as wolf lord or whatever HQ was needed.
then i definitely intend on a wolf priest asap.

also suggestions would be nice.
the 2 sqds of Grey slayers are 216 pts each but you need to give the wulf Guard weapons so....

Blood Claws are not allowed in a 13th comp. army

5 wulfen are 120 pts

bikers are without upgrades are 108 pts.
Sorry can not upgrade them with Meltabombs they have, on the other hand, allready krak and frags.

A Wolf lord is a MUST! and a wolf priest? well i would take a rune priest cause the gate rocks!!

Hoped to be of help

Zarc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by zarc van zorc@Oct 20 2003, 17:59
Blood Claws are not allowed in a 13th comp. army
That is right, the idea is that Blood Claws have been in the Eye of Terror for so long that they have become more experienced warriors and have been reclassified as Storm Claws, who are now elites rather than basic troops. This is reflected by an increased WS, BS, leadership, number of attacks, and - of course - increased points cost. Same basic models though, so you can use your Blood Claws models (with a bit of chaos modification) as Storm Claws.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.