Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i do space wolves chest eagles in gold colour or bone colour? (or any other colour if u have reasons for you opinion ;) )
any advice would be good :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I started painting mine gold, but then read in WD that the recommended colour was bleached bone with a wash a flesh ink (then highlight with bleached bone again, and finally white). I thought that this would look better - I like the effects inks give you- and asked someone at the local GW, who collects 13th company. He told me that there were no chest eagles on pre-heresy power armour and he removed them from his models - so maybe that is the answer, get rid of them and then you do not have to worry.
Derek

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hearing that it would be good idea to remove but since they have chaos parts too they would look a but too much 'chaotic' without the chest eagle..
im condsidering doing gold for space wolves eagles and normal bony for normal space marine chest eagle..
but more suggestions would be good ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would paint it bony. I haven't tried the method described above yet, but it sounds workable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There were no chest eagles on pre heresy power armour. There was also no studded metal trim round the edges which makes them look "chaotic", so i wonder if he scraped all that off too.

The armour has been scavenged over the last 10,000 years. They would have found several suits of mk7 armour, seeing as it went into production during the invasion of terra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.