- 10x GH, 2x Meltagun, MotW
Three of:
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf

Fast Attack - 540
Three of:
Thunderwolf Cav
- 3x TWC, 1x Thunder Hammer, 1x Bolter

Played it against Green Tide Orks, it kicked arse. Tested it against a semi-mech Sisters list, it kicked arse. Tested it against a Grey Knights Raider-spam list, it made a bit of a mess of the Knights but couldn't match their mobility; lost on objectives, won on Kill Points. Fenrisian Wolves with Wolfkin make far better use of their WS4 S4 Counter-attack than Grey Hunters do. Then I tested it against a proper GT Guard army and it went badly. I managed to smash two Chem-Dogs before they could fire a shot and his Medusas got a single shooting phase before the Beasts & Cav started slapping them around, but despite valiant efforts from the Hunters and the Rune Priest I simply didn't have enough stuff left to chase down the Hydras, Vendettas or Chimeras and the multiple wounds-on 2+ shots he was putting out each turn ended up chewing through my army.

So, I went back to the drawing board. Here's what I came up with:

List 1:
HQ - 295
Canis
Rune Priest w/ Living Lightning, Stormcaller & Chooser

Troops - 680
Grey Hunters Pack
- 10x GH, 2x Flamer, Plasma Pistol, MotW
Grey Hunters Pack
Grey Hunters Pack
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf

Fast Attack - 360
Thunderwolf Cav
Thunderwolf Cav

Heavy Support - 165
Long Fangs
- Leader, 3x Missile Launcher
Long Fangs
- Leader, 3x Heavy Bolter

Not sure I like this one; I'm basically sacrificing some Beasts & Cav for Long Fangs and a Template-swinging GH unit, and while the long-range shooting is nice to have the third scoring unit just seems a bit wasteful to me. I can use the TWC and Wolves for cover-busting and .

Second list:
HQ - 310
Canis
Rune Priest w/ Chooser, Wolf Tail Talisman, Beastslayer, Tempest's Wrath & Murderous Hurricane

Troops - 830
Grey Hunters Pack
- 10x GH, 2x Meltagun, MotW, Rhino
Grey Hunters Pack
- 10x GH, 2x Meltagun, MotW, Rhino
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf
Daemonhunter IST Squad
- 5x IST, 2x Meltagun, Rhino w/ Extra Armour & Smoke
Daemonhunter IST Squad
- 5x IST, 2x Meltagun, Rhino w/ Extra Armour & Smoke

Fast Attack - 360
Thunderwolf Cav
Thunderwolf Cav

I think this is the one I'll be going with, even though it does mean repainting some of my Rhinos. Semi-mech semi-B&C; Melta death-rides (2 of which come with Codex-creepin' Smoke Launchers and Extra Armour), four mechanised scoring units, plenty of B&C stompyness, and if I move it right the entire army can have cover saves each and every turn. The Rune Priest has Tempest's Wrath to provide a bit of insurance against Deep Strikers DSing at my vehicles, and I'm thinking the Hurricane will come in handy for keeping vehicles still so's I can assault them.

List three:
HQ - 295
Canis
Rune Priest w/ Living Lightning, Stormcaller & Chooser

Elites - 120
Lone Wolf w/ Mark of the Wulfen, Meltabombs & 2x Wolf
Lone Wolf w/ Mark of the Wulfen, Meltabombs & 2x Wolf

Troops - 735
Grey Hunters Pack
- 10x GH, 2x Flamer, MotW
Grey Hunters Pack
Grey Hunters Pack
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf
Fenrisian Wolves
- 10x Wolf
IST Squad
- 6x IST, 2x Flamer

Fast Attack - 360
Thunderwolf Cav
Thunderwolf Cav

Fun list more than anything else; the ISTs are there because a) annoying bubble-wrap provides cover saves and carries Flamers, b) Kasrkins are awesome, and c) I couldn't think of anything else to spend the points on. The Lone Wolves are there as killier bubble-wrap, and also to sit in midfield acting as terrain (the three-model units have a big enough profile to block LoS from certain angles) and make people think twice before moving vehicles around. They seem like a bit of a punt at first, but when you realise how easy it actually is to get them killed they're actually quite useful.

So... yeah. C&C plz :D

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
I'd go with list #2. Even though you've only got 4 rhinos, mech is still the way to go. I am, however, concerned with your lack of ranged AT. Then again, there's only 1 way to play this list and that is straight-up, in-your-face assault. Unfortunately, I still see this list struggling against the top tier armies - namely dual-lash, mechdar and mechguards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts