Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite literaly in the middle of assembling a space wolf bike army and one of my friends referred me to the 13th company rules for Blood Claw Bike packs. They are much more awesome than regular Blood Claw Bike Packs because they can reroll difficult terrain tests and have decent Weapon and Ballistic skills.
My question, tho, is this: Is the 13th company list a list that you can use WITH a regular SW army or is it a stand alone list? Cause as a stand alone list it really sucks IMO. I really want 13th company BCBP's but I'm not sacrificing my land speeders, exterminator and other cool stuff for them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i've herd for fluff resons later they might let you take wolven and sw in the same army but not yet and they do not suck you just have to know how to play a total bliz and tere grate choase killers

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I saw it in the EOT codex and all (I wasn't the least bit interested in the EOT campaign, so I didn't buy it) but I was just wondering wether the army was usable in conjunction with regular space wolves.
Since it can't be used together with regular SW, then I'll just go with regular bikers. The 13th company list is waaaayyy too limited to play them with a variety of tactics, so I hope they incorporate the units into the SW codex soon.

·
Registered
841 Posts
well 13th company takes MUCH MORE SKILLS to play..
they only got:
Hq:
WP,WL,RP
troops:
SC,GS
heavy support:
LF
elite:
wulfen
thats all there is
basically all your tactics are on rune priests with the gate

·
Registered
10 Posts
At present you cannot mix 13th Company with a SW army, but I reckon that you could play scenarios where you have 13th Company entering a battle as reinforcements. Say an embattled IG emplacement attacked by overwhelming Chaos marines, with the 13th Company entering on the second to fourth move. I remember an EOT scenario with Necrons entering as reinforcements, so maybe the basic rules and points from this could work

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/eye...s/40kweek3b.htm

In terms of the fluff, you would have to watch the Wulfen as I reckon that without a wolf priest they would attack IG troops, using the animal rage rule. I presume that if you used SW instead of IG then the Wulfen would not attack. Views?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.