Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need help with fluff of my army its basically just normal 13th .

The might of bhain never take wulfen due to there feelings about them being tainted by chaos.
They never have the mark of wulfen due to them being the most stable of the 13th company left.
They never take bikes as they think machines are only fit for cowards.

This rules all fits in with my army, my characters are fine. However I need a lot of help on the fluff of the might of bhain,
(heres the fluff and wargear of my wolf lord Drahz bhain)

Drahz Bhain has a pair of lighting claws belt of russ and a wolf tooth necklace
Dhrahz bhain is recognised as one of the best living heroes in the whole of fenrir, his lightning speed and reactions have allowed him to escape unscathed many a time without a scratch, even against dreadnoughts. Due to this speed and agility he was recognised by Russ himself and given the honour of Russ’s own lightning claws; which have a unique power matrix that makes them glow in light ambient blue energy; on his mission to eradicate the forces of chaos.

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
You could say that he was stable as far as the 13th company go, but he was prone to beserker rages in combat.

It is said that Russ watches over his sons who have promise and whose destiny goes further than simply fighting the enemies of man, they are blessed with amazing luck and an incrediable knack for surviving the most impossible odds.

Due to his luck and skill he was made wolf lord, when Russ sent him and his company into the eye of terror his destiny was clear, to kill the traitorous marines who defile the emporer's realm.

Using his weapons given to him from Russ, magical weapons that give the user amazing strength and speed he fights to destroy the chaos taint form the galaxy.

Any of that help?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you misunderstood me, I need a lot of help on my fluff for my actual warband, after i do the basics which i have done for my wolf lord, i will focus on more detailed fluff for the army
So what i need is fluff to explain why my warband split off from the rest of the 13th company and detailed reasons on why they dont include wulfen and bikes.
Im not actually asking for help for my wolf lord, that was just an example of what kind of low level detail fluff i wanted for my army

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
Oops, my mistake, okay time for try number 2.

Maybe the entire 13th company split up so they could increase their success at killing chaos.
This would mean your warband is just one of the many warbands that make up the company as a whole.

As for the wulfen, maybe the members of your band are particularly strong willed and have resisted the influence of chaos, as such the canis helix hasn't gone into overdrive to stop the chaos incursion thus resulting in no wulfen.

Bikes, hhmmm,maybe the members have a no need for bikes, their superior infiltration skills make bike unneeded. Bike are large, noisy and require regular mateinance as as the warband are cut off from that sort of supplies any bike thay had were left when they became inoperable.

Does this help?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually thats good i like it, they could be a sort of scouting force for the 13th, as such they dont take bikes and since the wulfen are uncontrollable at times they are to unreliable to take on thes missions, and so are made up of the most strong willed of the whole 13th so they can resist attacking straight away and wait for back up from other companies. They take wolves due to there superb senses can pick up the stench of chaos even in the mutated daemon worlds.

How about that for a kind of starting point to build on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Why dont you just say that he and his "warband" were split up during a battle and then things got worse when the chaos got reinforcements and they had to gate out of there so they are on a mission to find their brethren that survived the battle. And i wouldnt say that Russ gave him the belt because he would have to be a FREAKING INSANE space wolf like Bjorn The Fell Handed to have got leman russ's lightning claws. Also Russ didnt use Lightning claws. He had the spear of russ and is sword Wolfbane i think thats what it was called. So he cant have what wasnt there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
what about this then
Drahz Bhain the iron willed

Drahz Bhain counts as a wolf lord with the following profile and Wargear, he occupies 1 Hq choice in the force organisation chart. Drahz bhain may be take in any Bhain warband

Weapons and Wargear: 2x lightning claws, belt of Russ, wolf tooth necklace

Dhrahz bhain is recognised as a great heroe of fenrir, his lightning speed and reactions have allowed him to escape unscathed many a time without a scratch, even against dreadnoughts. Due to this speed and agility he was recognised by Wolf Preist Sternhammer himself and given the honour of lightning claws; which have a unique power matrix that makes them glow in light ambient blue energy; on his mission to eradicate the forces of chaos.
In the eye of terror on the planet nemesis terra Dhraz bhain received the name of iron willed.

While fighting the treacherous thousand sons’ daemon entities surrounded him and his force, he and the other strong willed of his force alone stood their ground realising that it was a treacherous ploy by Ahriman servants. They fought against their canis helix, which urged them to battle, their pursuasion did nothing to halt their battle brothers who just viewed them as cowardly and rushed forwards against the daemons. They were surrounded and massacred to the final man, with all their grief and fury over what he had just witnessed they still stood their ground determined to hold the defence until the main contingent of the 13th company arrived. It was only then that the thousand sons revealed their true face, the numberless entities rushed forwards at the space wolves.
They fought with their entire might killing 2 daemons for every fallen space wolf but it was still not enough, this would be their last stand in this frozen wasteland. It was only then just before the thousand sons final assault that they heard a faint buzzing, no louder than a fly, but it steadily got louder and louder. It was the 13th company imperial cruiser, knowing this every space wolf left fought with unceasing fury. If they could only hold on for another few minutes they were saved.
Hundreds of space wolves gated down with rune priests ready to fight the daemons on the accursed rock, they were saved.
After hearing the full account of nemesis terra the surviving space wolves were viewed as heroes, Drahz Bhain was announced as ‘the iron-willed' he and the survivors of nemesis terra formed the first scout force of the 13th company, named the iron willed of bhain.

Due to the fact that it was only the most iron-willed of men that survived on nemesis terra that could slow the effects of the canis helix. No wulfen or characters with the mark of wulfen may be used, as they have uncontrollable rage that causes them to no longer be in any control of the canis helix

Since scouting forces need to move secretively manoeuvring round unwary enemies to cut them off and providing reliable information about enemy forces no bikes may be used as they are to loud to be used in such ways. Drahz bhain also calls them cowards as he views ikes as a means for people to run away faster

Fenrisian wolves have to be taken as these are able to sense the stench of chaos even before the space wolves themselves.

However in all other respects the iron willed of bhain follow the normal 13th company army choices and wargear.

They also have the same paint scheme as the rest of the 13th because to space marines its blasphomy to dishonour the 13thby repainting their sacred armour.

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
A few errors:

recognised by Logan Grimnar himself and given the honour of lightning claws
Logan grimnar wasn't alive when the 13th company were sent into the EoT, it really would have to be a gift from Russ.

Drop pods reined down on the icy surface of nemesis terra out of which came hundreds of space wolves ready to fight the daemons on this accursed rock.
The 13th company don't pod around, AFAIK the rune priests gate around, it isn't mentioned how the rest of the company travel.

Otterwise it is solid.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i got mixed up with logan grimnar and the 13th company guy who led them in the eye of terror so if you could tell me his name oh and i do not know what i was thinking when i wrote that, after someone tells me 13th comp special character il edit post

·
Slave to the flesh
4,330 Posts
There is no 13th company special characters.

I know who you are on about though, his name is mentioned in the WD with all the fluff about the 13th company, it has a little tale with fragments missing, I can't find the WD in question so maybe someone else knows?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well ive edited my post now since i found out it was wolf priest sternhammer that i was thinking about (the limited edition gamesday one, which i havent got). Ive also corrected my mistake about the drop pods so it should be ok now

·
God's nutcase
2,355 Posts
If your wolf lord is acknowledged as "one of the best living heroes in the whole of Fenris" he:

1) would not be in the 13th, they weren't known to still be around until very recently
2) would be mentioned in canon fluff

Basically, he's painted as being too good. Tone the ideas of him down a lot. And, as has been said, the lightning claws as well.

As for the whole "we're not really wulfen, hurrrrrr" idea, I'm not sure how it would really work. You've got a genetic disability, what would make them able to fight it? You don't here about werewolves that slowly overcome their curse. Or Blood Angels for that matter (Mephiston overcame the Red Thirst, he has never suffered the Black Rage). If you want to use the 13th Company list but with no wulfen, make the fluff for a superly light Great Company, with a Wolf Lord that is very suspicious of the "metal beasts" (tanks) that the other misguided wolf lords use.

That and I'm pretty sure that all of the 13th were already afflicted by the Curse of the Wulfen by the time they were sent into the Eye.

As for the tone of the fluff itself, make it less heroic. Yes, space marines are heroes, but even they get minced by dæmons, who are after all powered by gods of war, and they're on their home turf, if you will. It's just far too much "yes, my marines are uber."

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
so 9/10ths of a space wolf army getting minced is really heroic.
I never said they werenet wulfen just that they could hold of some of the effects of the curse and so wouldnt be turned into wulfen as quickly as others would, which also means they wouldnt have the mark of wulfen. They would eventually get down tghe line where they turned into wulfen but they have slowed it down by being strong willed.
if u like i could change it to a great living heroe, but he fought in the first battle to save fenris, how many other space wolves are that old, and anyway would you like to claim your character was uber good, I havent said he could even beat russ in battle nor sternhammer all i have said is he had good reflexes and agility and beacause of that was given lighting claws by sternhammer.
as for the no bikes bit he just thinks its a way for coward to runaway quicker,

so ive basiacally answered all your gripes, but i will edit it to read 'a great hero' And its bikes rather than tanks as the reason they dont have tanks is the exact same reson no other 13th company has tanks

All i am trying to do is give fluffy reasons why my armies dont have certain stuff in them, I prefer doing this than giveing a reason such as 'Drahz bhain dont like bikes there made metal'or 'Drahz bhain doesnt like wulfen they scare him with there furry faces'

·
God's nutcase
2,355 Posts
bloodthirst said:
so 9/10ths of a space wolf army getting minced is really heroic.
Fair point, bad wording on my part. But the implication of the piece is that the survivors are somehow better than the ones that died for some mystical deus ex machina reason.

bloodthirst said:
I never said they werenet wulfen just that they could hold of some of the effects of the curse and so wouldnt be turned into wulfen as quickly as others would, which also means they wouldnt have the mark of wulfen.
How would they be able to do this? If such a thing were possible, you'd think that given a chapter with ten thousand years of history (just under double known human history now) you'd think it would have happened. And surely "not having the mark of the Wulfen" is not being able to be affected by the curse.

bloodthirst said:
They would eventually get down tghe line where they turned into wulfen but they have slowed it down by being strong willed.
They've been in the Eye for ten thousand years... that's a long time. Unless you're planning their history to be pre-EoT campaign (difficult), then you're dealing with a huge chunk of time. And if they do eventually suffer from the curse, what happens to them? Do they get chucked out? That doesn't make tactical sense.

bloodthirst said:
but he fought in the first battle to save fenris, how many other space wolves are that old
True, he's old. If he fought in that battle then he'd probably be in the sagas somewhere, but I would avoid making him a pivotal part of the battle.

bloodthirst said:
and anyway would you like to claim your character was uber good, I havent said he could even beat russ in battle nor sternhammer all i have said is he had good reflexes and agility and beacause of that was given lighting claws by sternhammer.
I don't entirely get what you mean by the first part of that statement. If the latter was all you intended then it's all well and good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fair point, bad wording on my part. But the implication of the piece is that the survivors are somehow better than the ones that died for some mystical deus ex machina reason.
they are stronger willed part of the army but they are not better in any other way and some would say worse due to not being as ferocious or bloodthirsty

They've been in the Eye for ten thousand years... that's a long time. Unless you're planning their history to be pre-EoT campaign (difficult), then you're dealing with a huge chunk of time.
not all the 13th company are wulfens even though they have been in the warp for 10000 years so since my army is meant to have slightly more will power they will be slightly less effected by the warp than the other non wulfen so will be able to hold out slightly longer than them. So it should take another 5000years in the warp to make them wulfen

And if they do eventually suffer from the curse, what happens to them? Do they get chucked out? That doesn't make tactical sense.
good quetion hmm...... they will probably get reassigned to a different part of the 13th company, however since when any of them become wulfen all the rest of the 13th company would of become wulfen a few hundred years ago it wont really matteras the whole 13th
company will be wulfen aswell

True, he's old. If he fought in that battle then he'd probably be in the sagas somewhere, but I would avoid making him a pivotal part of the battle.
he wasnt ever pivitol i just said he was a very great warrior and renown throught the whole of fenrir (btw ive edited it now to him just being a good warrior who was at that battle and had quick reactions)

don't entirely get what you mean by the first part of that statement. If the latter was all you intended then it's all well and good.
well what i meant in the first part is that everyone would want to claim there commander was good like i did, but i never went really over the top by doing something like claiming he was better than russ. And i have edited it so he isnt one of the best in the whole of fenrir any more hes just a good warrior as the latter part suggests

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.