Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aware that this list is far from perfect but - due to lack of funds- its what i have at this stage. 1450 points cause my mates want big battles, and this is with every possible upgrade taken. What should I add next? Currently I've won 3 lost 1 with these guys but all very close battles. I was thinking some dark reapers or another wraithlord.

HQ

Farseer
(maxed out with the lot)

Troops
3x Dire Avenger squads (with the lot)

Elites
10x Howling Banshees with the lot

Fast Attack
10x Swooping hawks with the lot

Heavy Support
Wraithlord w/Brightlance and twin flamers and Wraithblade.

Oh that raises a question i've had... Wraithlord with two flamers - two flamers? twinlinked? heavy? whats the deal?

So far my MVP's have been the dire avengers, with the exception of the Avatar taking on a Carnifex, Ravener and a Hive Tyrant at the same time and winning (with 1 wound left mind you).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Okay, well firstly I see that your new here so welcome to LO, but most importantly welcome to the Eldar section8Y.

Now I'm going to help you with the list on models that you could get. Not what you have.

Farseer: Fully Maxed out! A fine leader, but would be a big target and with the runes of Witnessing that would make you Farseer get hit easier from the Perils of the Warp. But then again he's ready for anything possible. Not a good thing but I guess it'll do. Future reference, drop at least 3 powers and the R of Witnessing.

Dire Avengers: Now I don't know what the exarch has for wargear but he should have one thing, 2x catapults. The other two things arn't worth it. And tha goes for all fo them. Good tropp choice.

Banshees: Nice, again what does the Exarch has? Some weapons are good, others are not as good. When possible, they need a transport (Wave Serpent)

Swooping Hawks: Some people hate them, some people love them, some people don't mind them, and I'm one of them. Weapons for the Exarch?

Wraithord: Good Unit, you don't need the wraithsword on it. You should give in an Eldar Missile Launcher. Flamers are two normal Flamers that he holds. They are considered two seperate flamers, so that's two flamer attacks, which is pretty deadly IMO.

I'm going to say that the list is not bad, for what you have. I'd drop the Runes of Witnessing though. It's not worth it. And for Future Reference, could you say what you given them because we don't know that you've given them. And no they can't carry every option either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Banshee Exarch has mirror swords, Swooping Hawk Exarch has hawks talon (as most of my battles are against SoB or SMs), Dire Avenger exarchs have shimmershield+powerweapon. Wraith blade has come in handy quite a bit so far - and I am glad that the flamers are separate (as that is what i had in mind when i put the thing together). Shimmershield hasn't helped much but the powerweapon has been excellent. I plan on dropping some Exarch stuff but atm i need the points. Thanks for you help 8Y

Oh and by maxed out I meant the most points value I could give them legally...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts