180pts

Warlock
-Singing Spear
-Shuriken Pistol
-Conceal
10x Defenders
-Brightlance
180pts
Usually, I would suggest switching the Brightlance to a multi shot weapon because of the Guardians poor BS, but sense its your only main anti tank weapon you should just keep it.

You could use your Farseer to guide the brightlances to be more accurate, or you could have him run off on his own and use his singing spear against tanks, but if you did this, I'd take off Guide because you'll be up towards by the enemy where your units that you'd be guiding won't be.

~Ben

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IAmAngel said:
Usually, I would suggest switching the Brightlance to a multi shot weapon because of the Guardians poor BS, but sense its your only main anti tank weapon you should just keep it.
I also have two Pulse lasers.......:)

IAmAngel said:
You could use your Farseer to guide the brightlances to be more accurate, or you could have him run off on his own and use his singing spear against tanks, but if you did this, I'd take off Guide because you'll be up towards by the enemy where your units that you'd be guiding won't be.
Yeah, thats what I'm trying to decide. Do I...

A) Give him Fortune and let him go tank hunting with the Singing Spear?

or

B) Give him Guide so he can use it on the Falcons?

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
A) Give him Fortune and let him go tank hunting with the Singing Spear?

or

B) Give him Guide so he can use it on the Falcons?
Hmmm....im not sure. Maybe try both and see which one works better.

~Ben

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll keep him the way he is. He can move 12" or turbo boost 24" and still use his Guide to support any unit that needs it.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Black Katalyst said:
Farseer
-Guide
-Jetbike
-Singing Spear
118pts

5x Pathfinders- 120
5x Pathfinders- 120
5x Pathfinders- 120

4x Rangers- 76pts
4x Rangers- 76pts

Warlock
-Singing Spear
-Shuriken Pistol
-Conceal
10x Defenders
-Brightlance
180pts

Warlock
-Singing Spear
-Shuriken Pistol
-Conceal
10x Defenders
-Brightlance
180pts

Vyper
-Star Cannon
65pts

Vyper
-Star Cannon
65pts

Falcon
-Star Cannon
-Holofield
-Spirit Stones
190pts

Falcon
-Star Cannon
-Holofield
-Spirit Stones
190pts
You really should switch conceal for embolden on a squad of guardians that size. Also, drop the pistols on the warlocks. Drop guide, go mind war, as each of your weapons is either multi shot, or kinda pants to begin with.. Now you have enough points for more rangers (5 in each squad, better for break tests). But, it's totally up to you.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
As a basic, I think the lsit is illegal, you must take 2 squads of rangers (fine you have) that can not be counted towards limits or compulsary options, so your 2 squads of rangers can not count as your 2 compulsory troops

I could be wrong cos I dont have the codex in front of me mind

·
1,249 Posts
Cheredanine said:
As a basic, I think the lsit is illegal, you must take 2 squads of rangers (fine you have) that can not be counted towards limits or compulsary options, so your 2 squads of rangers can not count as your 2 compulsory troops

I could be wrong cos I dont have the codex in front of me mind
That was my first reaction to, but the list has 2 units of guardians that count as it's compulsary troops.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ShadowcatX said:
That was my first reaction to, but the list has 2 units of guardians that count as it's compulsary troops.
This is true. Guardians still count as Troops in an Alaitoc army.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i would :

switch guide with mind war and use the seer to be a pain to everyone.

get rid of the singing spears on the warlocks, they should never need them.

keep conceal, you take less casualties so dont need embolden.

keep ranger squads small, units have to waste the fire of an entire unit on 3 - 4 rangers, you dont need big squads there leadership 10(?)

Its a good list. should win lots of games.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
blazerox said:
i would :

switch guide with mind war and use the seer to be a pain to everyone.

get rid of the singing spears on the warlocks, they should never need them.
Should, no, but probably will, certainly. It gives you one more shooting attack at range, plus anti armour if dread drops in with you, or a DP gets into cc with you. Eldar need ways to get out of such situations and a singing spear is just the trick.
keep conceal, you take less casualties so dont need embolden.
While I really like conceal myself, there's no point in having it on smaller squads. a squad of guardians that size tests after 4 casualties, right about the border line for me. If you can stick half the squad in cover, then you get free conceal plus reroll all leadership tests. Plus, you do it for 10 pts cheaper. But on my squads of 23, then conceal all the way.
keep ranger squads small, units have to waste the fire of an entire unit on 3 - 4 rangers, you dont need big squads there leadership 10(?)
Bad idea for 3 reasons. First and foremost, you'll be called cheese for fielding min'ed squads for disruption rolls. Second, taking a leadership check for a single casualty sucks, even at ld 10. Third, a unit of 3 will inflict one save a turn, really crappy unit if that's what you're fielding. And fourth, a unit of 3 losses scoring status after 2 casualties, meaning a all on your own test each turn, besides the casualty test, plus can't score, and improbable to hurt anything.

·
Registered
118 Posts
do rangers take all on your own tests... or is it path finders. Rangers are surposed to be in small squads, its the least fluffy thing to do, can you see big squads hiding easilly, and their supposed to be loners.
I love small ranger squads... you can combine their fire, its not like your losing rangers, just splitting them up and most people under estimate them and egnore them, couple that with being in a decent bit of cover and near the edge of their 48 inch range and you try and shift them.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
blazerox said:
do rangers take all on your own tests... or is it path finders. Rangers are surposed to be in small squads, its the least fluffy thing to do, can you see big squads hiding easilly, and their supposed to be loners.
I love small ranger squads... you can combine their fire, its not like your losing rangers, just splitting them up and most people under estimate them and egnore them, couple that with being in a decent bit of cover and near the edge of their 48 inch range and you try and shift them.
Pathfinders don't take the tests, from shooting, or all on your own.

As to cover, keep in mind you only need a majority in cover, so 3 in 2 out and they all get the cover. The only exception to this is CC assaulting. But, if they're that close, you've already dropped the ball.

Me, I find mid sized rangers and pathfinders to work well. 5 man squads give you 2 casualties before testing, and 3 before they can't score. Plus, you're also getting in enough shots at a unit to actually cause a pinning test/wound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts