Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain, bike, relic blade 165

bike squad, +5, combi melta, power fist, 2 melta guns, attack bike multi melta, 320

2 more squads of the same 320 each.

bike squad, +2, attack bike, 2 flamers, power weapon 205

whirlwind, whirldwind.

1500 even.

Just thought it on spur of the moment. I would fit kor in there.. as well as a command squad, but it's 1500 points..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Its interesting but i want to let you know it has a lot of weakness. You tried to make it anti horde but hordes will excel. Low number of models+low number of attacks with only two whirlwinds likely to get no support= a lot of your guys tied up in CC... and a lot of my orks sitting around waiting to get tied up. Just a thought from that side. It could work if you work it right. It would have to be used with the surgical strike movements, with little room for error, and you'll need some good dice. Against another marine army, or tau army... those limited in numbers as well, i can see this exceeding, especially with the mobility alone.
I won't make recommendations, as your list was designed to be all bikes, it only makes since to be built as you have it, but maybe drop the whirlwinds in exchange for a couple cheap scout bike units with power fist to act as very mobile support and anti light tank units.
Good luck. Remember, everyone will have different opinions; but 4 squads in 1500 is too few i think.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still working on playtesting it to perfection. I beat an eldar list yesterday with 2 swooping hawk autarchs, 2 swooping hawk squads, 2 fire prisms, 2 storm guardian squads in serpents. I lost... 4 bikes on the first turn so that really hurt. I wound up winning though. I waited and killed both swooping hawk squads, and immobed 1 prism and 1 serpent, the other was pretty much useless. He gave up at that point. It's definitely not a list for a beginner. I could maybe take out the whirlwinds.. for some speeders with typhoon missile launchers? Idk I've always liked bikes, and how surgical they can be. Basic tac marines.. don't do it for me. I don't want to do space wolves as everyone does them. I have black templars, but tanks.. don't really suit me either. I wanted a challenge as opposed to guard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts