·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ:

CCS + 3 plasma guns + medic + chimera: 180
Plasma is always nice.

Inquisitor Lord + 3 mystics + Emperor's Tarot: 78
I'll keep this in reserve if not against deepstrikers, and then just go to ground in cover to try to keep them alive.

Elites (the fun bit):

Psyker Battle Squad + 4 psykers + chimera: 155
Weaken Resolve shenanigans ensue.

Callidus Assassin: xxx
Uses Neural Shredder with Weaken Resolve to instant death anything on 2+, kills expensive HQs and ranged units like Tau Broadsides with the phase sword.

Marbo: xx
Pops up with a demo charge, goes to ground in cover for a 2+ cover save in annihilation to preserve the killpoint.

Troops:

Veterans + 2 melta guns + flamer + demolitions + chimera: 180
Veterans + 2 melta guns + flamer + demolitions + chimera: 180
Minimal troops, but they can handle vehicles well enough with 2 melta guns, do a little bit of anti-horde, and even anti-TEQ with the demo charge. Normally I'm against trying to make a unit be able to handle anything, but hey, it's just 25 more points that standard meltavets.

Fast Attack:
hurr durr nothing here

Heavy Support:
Leman Russ Executioner + Plasma Sponsons: 230
Can you tell I like plasma?

Manticore: xxx
Rockets boom blam woosh - serves as a long range land raider killer and anti-horde

2 x Hydra: xxx
Takes out transports at long range. There's a Tau player I go against fairly often, this'll also demolish fire warriors with 14 AP4 shots.

What do you guys think? The CCS and 2 veterans zoom around to claim/contest, the rest of the units form a gunline. Psykers support the two infiltrators with Weaken Resolve. The only huge problem I see is a lack of STR8 AP3 weaponry for going against plague marines: just the demo charges, and that it might be a bit light on anti-horde. All vehicles have heavy flamers except the Russ, Hydras, and PBS chimera, which have heavy bolters.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
HQ:
The medic is too expensive for this unit. You can grab 2 plasma guns for the same price. Plus do you really need it? With the re-rolls against Big things you shouldn't be rolling many ones. 4 Plasma guns and a Plasma Pistol maybe?

Anychance you can give the INQ Lord a gun? A psycannon maybe? Just to make him a little bit useful against armies that don't have any deep strikers.

ELITES:
The Psyker and Callidus combo sounds good but its ALOT of points for a one hit wonder. That assassin wont be around long after she's said hello. I honestly think there are better things to spend with that (almost) 300pts. Hell 2 Demolishers can Instant kill pretty much everything in the game.

TROOPS:
VETS: Why do you have flamers? you've got a H-Flamer on your Chimera and a Democharge for killer troops so you really don't need that flamer. grab a 3rd Meltagun.

Only 2 troops in 1500pts? That is far far to low and you're goiing to strugle in objective missions. You really need 2 to capture objectives and one to hold your own. 3 is a minimum really but if you feel you can cope then go for it.

HEAVY:
Executioner, Good and nasty but it's very expensive and is really your only main long range threat to Marines. It wont be lasting long.

Manticores are fun but the AP4 is a bumber. They'll bounce off MEQs. But hoards they'll trash.

Hydras. Good choice. My two hydras are brilliant and fill an important gap in a mech list - Transport killers.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
echoing lord_boraks advise to help you make your decisions feel much more backed up and i would chance the russ for a demolisher, much more reliable and they can deal with your anti-nobz and termiantor problems nicely ^^.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I redid my list. The Callidus and Marbo team now only exists in the 2000 point version.

Here's the new 1500-point:

Company Command Squad + Regimental Standard + Vox Caster + Lascannon + Master of Ordnance + Chimera Transport: 175
Psyker Battle Squad + 2 Extra Psykers + Chimera Transport: 135
Platoon Command Squad + 4 Flamers + Chimera Transport: 105
Infantry Squad + Lascannon + Vox Caster: 75
Infantry Squad + Lascannon: 70
Infantry Squad + Lascannon: 70
Veteran Squad + 3 Meltaguns + Demolitions + Chimera Transport: 185
Veteran Squad + 3 Meltaguns + Demolitions + Chimera Transport: 185
Leman Russ Main Battle Tank + Plasma Sponsons: 190
2 x Hydra Flak Tank: xxx
Manticore Rocket Launcher: xxx

Seems okay to me. Sadly, I have no demolisher turret, just battlecannon and FW executioner. But, I think switching to a standard Russ helps my problem with difficult instant-deathing T4. The Infantry with lascannons will blob together as my "dakka boyz" and the PCS and veterans will move out to "get dem fings". The PBS is now down to 6 members though, but that should be okay. I like them.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Thats a Bummer about the Demolisher turret but no problems! A Russ with Plasma Sponsons is fine for a hybrid list.

The list looks good. I'd be a bit worried about blobbing 30Guardsmen into one Blob. If they get into combat your entire Gunline is either going to run and die or stay in combat for ever and be unable to shoot. If you think you can get away with it go for it though.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
there is a way to get the demolisher, saw off the top half off the gun barrel and stick them onto the bottom half of the gun barrel, that will give it the shortness and the thickness needed to represent the demolisher gun barrel.
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.