Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start a campaign against Tyranids and Black templars in which i must do a single roster to face both which is as follows

Archon
agoniser, pistol, drugs, shadow field

incubi matser
drugs

6 incubi

all in a raider with dark lance

10 warriors
2 dark lances

10 warriors
2 dark lances

10 warriors
2 dark lances

succubus
agoniser, wych weapons, pistol, haywire grenades
9 wyches
wych weapons and pistols, haywire grenades

Succubus
agoniser, T-helmet
5 reavers
2 blasters

2 talos

1 ravager
3 disentegrators

Comments will be apreciated

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am going to use the Talos to draw the enemys heavy firepower and i know both will struggle to take them both out and with 2 raiders loaded with assault troops and a ravager with disintegrators blasting hes troops it will pose my oponent a problem, my 3 sniper squads will kill any big beasties of the tyranids and tanks (other than a land raider with blessed armour) against the Templars, my wyches and templars will be used to counter attack or to take out any isolated elements of my openents army whilst my reavers will be used to support either of my assault units but most likely will support my lord and incubi to give them some tank killing ability.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Drop the Incubi Master. He isn't worth the points you are going to spend on him. Use the points to get a Raider for the Wych squad (unless you gave them one and forgot to list it). Since you are also facing bugs swapping the DLs in one squad with SCs may be an option to explore. Unless you know the BTs are fielding a LRC with Blessed Hull get rid of the HGs as well. There is another 40 points better spent elsewhere.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Drop the incubi master, the tormentor helm for succubus in my opinion is also a waste. Drop haywire grendaes when facing nids. Give archon a scissorhand. I would drop one talos when facing BT and add ravager with disies since disies eat up space marines. Overall I would simply change weapons when facing both, if thats not possible then go with splinter cannons.

·
1,249 Posts
WraithGuardian said:
Drop the incubi master, the tormentor helm for succubus in my opinion is also a waste. Drop haywire grendaes when facing nids. Give archon a scissorhand. I would drop one talos when facing BT and add ravager with disies since disies eat up space marines. Overall I would simply change weapons when facing both, if thats not possible then go with splinter cannons.

I think he's wanting to be able to fight both nids and BT. Also, Archon can not have siccorhands.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Really, thats kinda dumb? The model has a huge scissorhand that technicaly cant be given to him? What the heck is the point of that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Considering the fact that a scissorhand requires the expertise of a haemonculi to work, no its not. The hand could be anything from a CCW to an agoniser.

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
99sw2usjh said:
I am about to start a campaign against Tyranids and Black templars in which i must do a single roster to face both which is as follows

Archon
agoniser, pistol, drugs, shadow field

incubi matser
drugs

6 incubi

all in a raider with dark lance
Agoniser lords in incubi squads are a bad idea as the enemies you should be sending the lord against are too tough for the incubi to wound, therefore its best to have a punisher lord in a unit with incubi. The incubi master is a waste and you would do better with two splinter cannon warriors in your retinue as well. I would also suggest dropping the number of incubi to 5.

99sw2usjh said:
10 warriors
2 dark lances

10 warriors
2 dark lances

10 warriors
2 dark lances
These are fine, but I would suggest swapping one squad for a splintercannon squad as this will aid greatly against the nids. Increasing the size of the squad and adding a couple of blasters, a sybarite and an agoniser would also give you another very versatile and effective unit.

99sw2usjh said:
succubus
agoniser, wych weapons, pistol, haywire grenades
9 wyches
wych weapons and pistols, haywire grenades
The haywire grenades are a waste of points, totally against tyranids and mostly against balck templars as Wyches that assault a vehicle will die in the following turns shooting and this is not a desired outcome. How are you planning on keeping the wyches alive? They have no raider and aren't in a webway portal.

99sw2usjh said:
Succubus
agoniser, T-helmet
5 reavers
2 blasters
This is ok except that you have given an agoniser to a bike mounted model, this is a waste of points as you lose the bonus to strength when using an agoniser, a power weapon is typically better as it will still owund the marines on 4's but will wound weaker nids on 3's.

99sw2usjh said:
These are OK

99sw2usjh said:
1 ravager
3 disentegrators
This is ok, but owuld benefit from a night shield.

Comments will be apreciated[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts