2 blasters

2 talos

1 ravager
3 disentegrators

Comments needed, would it work against black templars and tyranids

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
If you are planning to take on nids then I would take 3 warpbeast packs, at 75 pts you might as well get all 3 cause they will anihilate the gaunts that charge you. However they arent good against heavy infantry armor of Black templars so I would take wyches against those.
Also if you are unsing taloses then you need a WWP or they will never get to the heart of the battle, so I would either lose one and take a ravager or keep em and get a WWP. They wont draw lots of fire since BT and nids arent to shooty.
Dont bother giving drugs to incubi master, he is as fragile as other incubi and will die quickly.
Also I wouldnt bother giving agonisers to succubus since they have haywire grenades, agoniserr is pretty expensive. Overall its good though just make sure to take disintegrators when facing nids.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This list is for a campaign in which i must make a single roster to face both tyranids and Black Templars so what would you suggest

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
Lose the master and a talos. BT are all about CC so you might want to keep you distance, and talos even thought its good, it will go down fast so use it for absorbing fire. On the other hand take another ravager. Put disies on both and you wont have trouble against nids or especialy marines. Depending on how many monstotous creatures the nid player takes and the tanks that the BT player takes, you will have to work out a ration of you splinter cannons and Dark lances. Usually there is one carnifex and a lot of gaunts and geners, so in this case you can get away with the agonisers in CC and the rest splinter cannons. BTs usually take a crusader but then again reavers will make short work of it if you surround it and blow it, everything inside will be gone. In both cases I would suggest relying on splinter cannons since a smart player will never relly on numbers of tanks or monsotorous creatures.
You dont need a lot of H.Grenades so lose some. Everything else is fine, just make sure to use hit and run on both races. Keep moving warriors back and fire. DONT enter CC unless you absolutely have to, geners and assault teams will tear your warriors apart. Wyches shouldnt be used vs geners cause they will simly cancel each other out, dont forget to roll of combat drugs in beggining of each turn and dont hold you Hq back, charge and if possibly dont overkill, otherwise you will give your opponent a gime charge against you.

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
99sw2usjh said:
Archon
agoniser, pistol, drugs, shadow field

incubi matser
drugs

6 incubi

all in a raider with dark lance
I wouldn't mix agonisers and punishers in one squad. The incubi master costs too much for a one wound model

99sw2usjh said:
10 warriors
2 dark lances

10 warriors
2 dark lances

10 warriors
2 dark lances
Too many dark lances, you need fewer and more splinter cannons against nids adn lances aren't that great against templars either.

99sw2usjh said:
succubes
agoniser, wych weapons, pistol, haywire grenades
9 wyches
wych weapons and pistols, haywire grenades
These are ok, bu I would suggest not taking the haywire grenades. Wycehs on foot get shot very easily though so be careful how you use them.

99sw2usjh said:
Succubus
agoniser, T-helmet

5 reavers
2 blasters
I wouldn't give a bike mounted model an agoniser as you lose the +1 strength ESPECIALLY against nids, against marines you still wound on 4's with a power weapon for 5 points less and against nids you mostly wound on 3's

99sw2usjh said:
Personally I would suggest only 1 of these an 2 ravagers.

99sw2usjh said:
1 ravager
3 disentegrators
This is ok.

99sw2usjh said:
Comments needed, would it work against black templars and tyranids
I don't think it owuld in its current form, you don't have enough shots.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with karan. Keep your archon and friends back, and use them and the talos to counter assault. Most of his gaunts won't even be able to hurt the talos, and he is cheap, so don;t be afraid to use him as a speed bump.

Disintegrators are key.

Focus all fire on their ranged weapons that can down your ravagers and talos, stay back, and move away as long as you can for more shots, then pounce in.

Make sure you give the wyches a raider, and yeah, drop the haywires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts