Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just made this army for a tourny that is about two months away. Any input would be good so yeah.

HQ

Troops:

10 Warp Spiders
5 Dark Reapers + Exarch + Crack Shot
10 Fire Dragons + Exarch+ Firepike + Tank Hunter (10 +exarch means one of models is exarch) In Wave Serpant with Twin link brightlances
10 Striking Scorpions + Exarch +Crushing Blow
10 Howling Banshees +Exarch + Exectuiner + Acrobatic

Eliter

3 Rangers (For pinning fun!:alien: )

Heavy Support

Falcon +Scatter laser + Holo-field
Wraithlord +Scatter laser
Wraithlord + Starcannon

If i keep the right units in the right places and have the rangers pinning the more dangerous stuffs then it should work great.

Also the avatar and wraithlords are going to be 8 inches from each other model to that it is just a big walking wall.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
HQ

I find the Avatar kind've slow, and not being able to do anything tell he's in combat which sucks. Especially when its not tell 4/5 turn, but if you really want him then go ahead and take him. On small boards he's fine, but on large boards I'd swap him for points on other things, but like I said, if you really want him he's fine.

Troops:

10 Warp Spiders
10 Fire Dragons + Exarch+ Firepike + Tank Hunter (10 +exarch means one of models is exarch) In Wave Serpant with Twin link brightlances
The warp spiders are fine and a nice addition to the army.

I'd take off the Dark Reaper Exarch just for points. He's not that usefull anyway. If you going for tanks then 10 Fire Dragons is a bit overkill. I'd limit them down to 6 and put em' in the Falcon.

Give the Howling Banshees the Wave Serpant for transportation. Although I don't like using the Wave Serpant to transport CC troops, its the only way to transport your Banshees.

Give your striking Scorpion exarch stealth and infiltrate them up so they don't have to footslog all the way across the board.

3 Rangers (For pinning fun! )
These are good, I usually run 2 squads of 3 of these in my army but 1 squad of 3 works too.

Wraithlord + Starcannon
The Wraithlords are fine. Use them as a fire magnet to get all your other units into position. Use the Falcon to transport the Fire Dragons.

Ben

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the tips but I am not sure about the fire dragons and falcon thing. I mean i don't want to get my falcon so close to the enemy lines. Just doesn't seem smart.

·
1,249 Posts
Stormwind said:
Ok i just made this army for a tourny that is about two months away. Any input would be good so yeah.

HQ

Avatar can be a fine addition, but you may want to consider the utility of a far seer. Either a far seer on a jetbike w/ witchblade or singing spear to help hunt tanks, or with the banshees or scorpions to fortune them.

Troops:

10 Warp Spiders
I'd drop the dark reapers (if you don't want to do this, at least drop the exarch) and the exarch of the fire dragons. I'd get the Banshees a wave serpent w/ TL bright lances and spirit stones. The Dragon's serpent needs spirit stones as well. Give the striking scorpion's exarch a claw and stealth. He doesn't need Crushing blow.

Eliter

3 Rangers (For pinning fun!:alien: )
These guys aren't really going to do much, I'd drop them for perhaps a star cannon vyper.

Heavy Support

Wraithlord + Starcannon
Definately upgrade the Falcon's Scatter laster to a star cannon, it should be going after heavilly armored troops anyways. Also give it spirit stones, that's help improve it's damage out put immensly.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
1) Your Scorpions need stealth

2) Drop the Rangers, they are too small of a squad to be effective at all

3) Upgrade the shuri-cats to a shuri-cannon to maximise the effectiveness of the Falcon. If you need points swap the other WL's starcannon for a scatter laser

4) The Banshees NEED a Wave Serpeant otherwise they won't hit combat for a while.

5) If you like the Avatar keep him, my Biel-Tan has an Avatar and though he's slow, he won't die easily, can kill in combat, and looks great 8)

6) Drop the Fire Dragon squad down to 6 (inc. Exarch) and ride them in the Falcon. With the
Wave Serpeant, give it to the Banshees

7) If you're tight on points after all that, drop acrobatics from the Banshee exarch as it isn't a necessity. If you have points to spare, upgrade the WL's scatter lasers to starcannons

Hope that helped :yes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After looking over all the ideas i think i have it about right. Any comments on the new list would be great.

HQ

Farseer on JetBike WitchBlade + Pistol + Ghost Helm + Fortune

Troops

8 Warp Spiders

5 Dark Reapers

6 Fire Dragons

10 Howling Banshes + Exarch + Excutioner +Wave Serpant + Starcannons + Spirit Stones

10 Striking Scropions +Exarch + Crushing Blow + Stealth + One member has the grenades

Heavy Support

Falcon + Scatter Laser + Holo-field + Spirit Stones

Wraithlord + Scatter Laser

Wraitlord + Starcannon

The Farseer will be closer to the banshes and Falcon. If needed he can go to the scorpions before they charge or something. The banshees are in Wave and Dragons are in Falcon.

I dropped the rangers and gave one member of scorpion grenade to take up the last 3 points.

TOTAL= 1500

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
1) For the Scorpion grenades, it's an all-or-nothing deal. I would highly recommend getting them as they help A LOT, giving the Scorpions anti-tank (which does suprisingly well) and when assaulting into cover, will go in initiative order.

2) The Falcon....give it a starcannon...right now, the only worry for opposing players is the Pulse Laser, and against anyone but Tyranids and Orks, once the Pulse Laster is gone, your Falcon will struggle to kill. To do this, drop 2x Warp Spiders. Then refer back to #1 if you have enough extra points

3) Drop Crushing Blow and give your Scorpion Exarch a Scorpion Claw. Theoretically it's a "hidden powerfist." Meaning that the Exarch (not being an IC) cannot be targeted so unless something can wipe out the squad FIRST, the Exarch will reap his points back and more.

4) Your Farseer does not need a ghosthelm. In fact, by the way your list is built, consider dropping the jetbike and fortune, give him guide and runes of witnessing, and put him right behind your Reapers. He can't be targeted unless someone shoots you from the back, and the Reapers (/w guide) will be able to re-roll all of those goodyness AP-3 Shots :yes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
i ahve to say, i would drop one of the wraithlords. one is generally sufficant. prob best to take away the one with scatter laser. also i would cut the size of the spider unit down to 5 or 6. otherwise buy an exarch with withdraw. either of these will limit your loss if they get caught in cc. the falcon needs a star cannons and the scorpion exarch really needs a claw instead of c blow. like has been said you cant give grenades just to one model in a unit, it is a all or nothing. peoples views on these differ. i never bother but some people swear buy them so its up to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts