Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a list I thought up when I was bored one day.

Captain=140
*Power Sword
* Jump Pack
* Melta Bombs

Lemartes

Death Company
*5 Members
*Jump Packs

Vet Assault Squad=305pts
*8 Members
*2xThunder Hammer
*2x Meltagun

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist

Dev Squad=300
*10 Man
* 2 Lascannons
* Rhino

Dev Squad=300
*10 Man
* 2 Lascannons
* Rhino

Total=1500

Wouldn't expect it to win any big tournaments or anything but what do you guys think of it for friendly games or small local tournaments? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Drop the devestator rhinos for more heavy weapons and seriously everyone has lemartes in their list its kinda boring

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Captain=140
*Power Sword
* Jump Pack
* Melta Bombs
If you're really set on taking a second HQ, take another Chaplain. A Captain just doesn't offer your army much. Then again if you're really fixed on the Ld Bonus, go with Dante. ^^
Perfect.
Death Company
*5 Members
*Jump Packs
Try and get these guys at least 8 men strong.

Vet Assault Squad=305pts
*8 Members
*2xThunder Hammer
*2x Meltagun
1 hammer should be enough. If you're really looking for some more killy power, just grab a normal power sword. All in all, I'd take one hammer and one melta (and probably a flamer, too).

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist
Nice.

Dev Squad=300
*10 Man
* 2 Lascannons
* Rhino
Interesting idea... but be careful about Escalation. It'll really screw you over.

Dev Squad=300
*10 Man
* 2 Lascannons
* Rhino
Same as above.

Wouldn't expect it to win any big tournaments or anything but what do you guys think of it for friendly games or small local tournaments? Thanks in advance!
Overall I think it'll perform well depending upon your skill as a player. If you make the alterations that I've suggested I think you'll be in a bit of a better spot, but everything I've suggested is based entirely upon what I've found works for me. You may find that your playstyle requires different units. :)

Good luck,

Katie D

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Drop the devestator rhinos for more heavy weapons and seriously everyone has lemartes in their list its kinda boring
Better Lemartes than Mephiston; I know I'd much rather play against a slightly more expensive chaplain than such a bad special character...:C

·
Registered
94 Posts
As Katie mentioned, the dual thunder hammer really does not serve much of a purpose, as the thunder hammer hitting bonus has no way of stacking (one hit will be the same as 8 hits). You could run a power fist rather than the second hammer with virtually the same results but slightly cheaper.

I would prefer a combi melta to the meltabombs on the captain. However, the only time I really take a company captain is when I run attack bike units with more than one bike (those guys really do not like Last Man Standing!).

Lascannons are way too expensive in devastator squads. If you want Lascannons, get a tactical squad or a predator. Devastators are best equipped with missile launchers (and heavy bolters too I suppose, I am not a huge fan of heavy bolters, but they can sometimes be effective). If you remove the rhinos and the lascannons in the devastators, you would have enough points to buy 4 missile launchers for each devastator squad, as well as two more DC marines.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Librarian=120

Lemartes

Death Company=90
*8 Members
*Jump Packs

Vet Assault Squad=275pts
*8 Members
*1xThunder Hammer
*2x Meltagun

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist

Dev Squad=265
*10 Man
* 3 Missiles
* 1 Heavy Bolter

Dev Squad=295
*10 Man
* 3 Lascannons

First I would like to say thanks for the speedy responses. I've made a few little tweaks so I look forward to hearing what you guys and gals think. Libby is there mostly for the hood and to help reinforce whoever needs help. I'm normally pretty happy with my Lascannons and I need the AT so they will probably stick around. I know attack bikes are popular but I hate the models so I'm not willing to fork out the cash for them. I'm not concerned so much about winning just being competitive enough to have fun. Just as a side note I currently run an undefeated Mech Tau army so I'll leave winning big to them.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Librarian=120
If you're taking this guy for nothing more than a hood, than take the following instead:

Grey Knight Brother Captain
- Storm bolter
- Nemesis Force Weapon
- Psychic Hood

You'll get an Ld10 hood for less points than the Librarian. He's not as fast (since he doesn't have a pack) but he can Deep Strike which may help offset this a bit.

Lemartes

Death Company=90
*8 Members
*Jump Packs
Much better.
Vet Assault Squad=275pts
*8 Members
*1xThunder Hammer
*2x Meltagun
Good.

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist

Assault Squad=165pts
*5 Man
*Power Fist
Nice.

Dev Squad=265
*10 Man
* 3 Missiles
* 1 Heavy Bolter
Not big on this, but whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.