Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there. I'm completely new to Dwarfs so forgive me if the list is terrible! :p At the recent 25th celebrations, I picked up Josef Bugman and 18 of his classic rangers, as well as a host of other Dwarf goodies including Miners, Slayers, Ironbreakers and Hammerers for low, low prices. I'm now in love with the lovely, alcoholic stunties! :drinking:

Having read through the various tacticas and whatnot on many a forum, I've noticed the tendency is either towards gunlines or Anvil of Doom and Strollaz rune. These both sound awesome and I can't wait to make some armies up. I'm a stickler for being unique, so please examine and critique harshly this following list. Seriously. Better break the bad habbits out of a young beardling now before he makes you longbeards grumble too much! :D

Heroes

Josef Bugman - 155 points
Competitively priced, nice abilities and an awesome backstory - I just can't say no to Bugman! He goes with a unit of 15 Bugman's Rangers.

Runesmith - 122 points
Shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spellbreaking, Rune of Brotherhood
Provides wonderful anti-magic and is attached to a unit of miners to give them a boost

Core Units

15 Bugman's Rangers - 300 points
Shields, Great Weapons, Full Command, Throwing Axes, Rune of Battle, Rune of Stoicism
A mandatory unit due to the inclusion of Bugman, should have plenty of staying power as the "anvil" of my force.

16 Longbeard Rangers - 326 points
Shields, Great Weapons, Full Command, Throwing Axes, Rune of Determination, Rune of Stoicism
Again keeps the theme, whilst also providing another half of the anvil

Special Units

14 Miners - 204 points
Musician, Standard Bearer, Prospector, Steam Drill
The unit of the Runesmith. Used for flank/rear attacks. Added the steam drill so there is a good chance that the "hammer" of my army begins to fall by turn two.

15 Miners - 180 points
Musician, Standard Bearer
Another flanking/rear attack unit

6 Miners - 71 points
Musician
Purely for wizard/crew hunting.

Rare Units

Gyrocopter - 140 points
More fluffyness in the form of the eyes from the skies. Used to block marches and whittle away at units.

Total - 1498 points
Models - 69

There's my fluffy and hopefully effective first army list. I have a few concerns in that the Army Book states you need to have a unit of Warriors to field a unit of Longbeards, however it doesn't state that a unit of Warriors is needed to field Longbeard Rangers. If not I can simply downgrade the Rangers to your basic Warrior and spend the points elsewhere, which may not be a bad idea. However, I leave the critique in your capable hands.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin. :)

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Its a cer-aaaazy list but you never know it might just work, plus would be a lot of fun trying it out.

Hmmm im also pretty sure you would need a unit of warriors before taking longbeards (whether rangers or not) so maybe it would be better to just take these as warriors and using the extra points to maybe add a couple of extra dwarfs to the ranks of this unit, or increase the miners unit size.

Im all for unusual lists though- let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's a quick redo:

Heroes

Josef Bugman - 155 points
Now goes with a unit of 19 Warrior Rangers.

Runesmith - 122 points
Shield, Rune of Stone, Rune of Spellbreaking, Rune of Brotherhood

Core Units

15 Bugman's Rangers - 300 points
Shields, Great Weapons, Full Command, Throwing Axes, Rune of Battle, Rune of Stoicism

19 Warrior Rangers - 272 points
Shields, Great Weapons, Full Command, Throwing Axes

Special Units

14 Miners - 204 points

15 Miners - 215 points
An extra chance of arriving on turn 2. Nifty!

7 Miners - 92 points
Musician, Standard Bearer OR Musician, Prospector
Bulked out by one, but 7 is better than 6! Unsure what to add to this unit, or simply leave it naked and spend points elsewhere.

Rare Units
Gyrocopter - 140 points

Total - 1500 points
Models - 73

Still crazy, but better?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Its definatly worth giving a go!

On the unit of 7 miners id go for a prospector and musician, standard bearer would just give your opponent a chance for more VPs and they arent going to stick around in combat long against anything more than a warmachine crew where a standard might help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts