Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It doesn't have any real ranks, what does have is a very particular set of skills...

Lord (370)

Nurgle Daemon Prince
  • Flight/Chaos Armor
  • Sword of Striking
  • Charmed Shield
  • Dragonbane Gem
  • Scaly Skin
  • Soul Feeder
  • Nurgle’s Rot
Hero (270)
Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch (II)
  • Enchanted Shield
  • Talisman of Preservation
  • Daemonic Steed (unbarded)
  • Chaos Familiar
Core (375)
2 Chaos Chariots of Slaanesh

15 Slaanesh Marauders
  • Flails
  • Standard
Special ###
Chimera
  • Regenerate
  • Flaming Breath
Rare ###
Hellcannon

TOTAL 1500

I'll be playing this list in a couple of hours so there will be a bat-rep for it later all going well.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
WoC vs. WoC (I forgot my Daemonic Mount and went with Disc instead for the caster).

Scenario: Battleline

His army was basically a mage bunker of 24 Khorne Marauders with flails/FC, a level 1 fire mage, a huge block of poison hounds with vanguard, and a Deathstar with 10 Khorne Knights with Razor Standard and a tooled-up Khorne Lord with the Hellfire Sword/Poison/Chalice. I hadn't played him before, but he seemed awfully confident so I didn't hold back either...I should have.

Oh boy, this game was short and ugly. Even though he had the first turn he conceded at the end of the third, highlights include:
  • My Prince charging his marauders, challenging the champ, then the sorcerer, and essentially making flails a wasted choice.
  • Chimera breathing on hounds, killing 10 in one shot.
  • Triple Gateway on the Khorne bus which got fed my 15 man Slaanesh block before evaporating.
  • Hellcannon missed every shot and the knights passed all their toughness tests so ended up with a 5+ regen save before being wiped out.
  • The Tzeentch/Hellcannon combo was a real dud this game, but Gateway is brutal on knights.
  • Flying casters and chaff make a mockery of knights.
  • His Lord killed one marauder and that was the sum of his achievements for the game.

All in all this list did its job in spades, but I really need to find a stronger opponent to give it a proper work out and I kept wishing I had Metal instead of Tzeentch.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did the chariots manage to get into the action as well?
When you say you kept wishing for metal magic is that because you were limited for spells once your army was engaged?
or did it do enough to earn its keep?
If you try to re-imagine the game, but with metal, how do you think it would have gone?
cheers for the write-up and well done on the win.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the chariots manage to get into the action as well?

Nope, they were out of position and too far away - they were avoiding the Khorne Lord and the marauders garrisoned a building first turn.

When you say you kept wishing for metal magic is that because you were limited for spells once your army was engaged?
or did it do enough to earn its keep?

My main problem is most of Tzeentch's magic missile damage is very weak and that is horribly limiting in terms of target options and gameplay.
With Metal I'd have at least one good spell from the signature.

If you try to re-imagine the game, but with metal, how do you think it would have gone?

Well I would have killed the knight bus faster (maybe in one round even) with Searing, Golden Hounds, & Transmutation. I would have put my Chariots up front more too, since I can buff them nicely when they are in CC.

cheers for the write-up and well done on the win.
Most of Metal's spells have low range, but that makes them perfect for a disc rider.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back to metal, making Tzeentch work on a level 2 caster isn't fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts