Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1500 Codex Space Marines

HQ
Reclusiarch w/ Terminator Armor (110)
5 Terminators, 2w/ assault cannons (240)

Elites
Dreadnought (105)
Dreanought (105)
Venerable Dreadnought (125)

Troops
6 man las/plas squad (115)
6 scouts 4 sniper, Hbolter, sergeant with terminator honors, telehomer, sniper (126)

Fast Attack
Landspeeder Tornado (80)
Landspeeder Tornado (80)
Landspeeder Tornado (80)

Heavy Support
Whirlwind (85)

Total 1481

The plan is enhanced mobility, with the dreads as counter assault, and the chaplan and friends able to easily move into enemy lines thanks to the scouts and their releport homer. I'm packing 8 assault cannons, so my mid range firepower, where I plan to be, ought to be highly effective. I'm not sure what to do with the las few points.

Thoughts?

· Registered
69 Posts
Solid list, but it has a low body count.
Only what matters me at most is:

How do you want to bring the 3 dreadnoughts into close combat? They are short ranged (24"), footslogged (6" per turn)...

Next, you got 18 marines. They do fine at shooting, but they are horrible at ccb.

The scout squad. Drop all sniper rifles and keep this squad cheap and at max, armed with bp/ccb, and for the serg, bp/pf. They do great for some turns, until the termies arrive.

Your whirlwind doesn't got a bodyguard, so watch out.

My recommendations:

- Get a codicier instead of a reclusiarch, just a personal choice.
- Drop 1 dreadnought and upgrade the venerable into tankhunter hellfire, both extra armour and smoke launchers (if you got the points left)
- Strenght up your core (marines), pf's?
- If you still want to stick up with the dreads, give the ac/dccw's a droppod, that's a must-do.

· Registered
439 Posts
too many dreadnoughts, no assault marines, chaplain needs to be independent and have a jump pack+Terminator honors instead of leading the Terminators. Cut the scouts, you dont want to deepstrike the terminators.

My version would look like this.
Reclusiarch-122
Jump Pack, Terminator Honors, BP, FG

Dreadnought-143
Drop-Pod, Smoke,Extra Armor
Dreadnought-143
Drop-Pod, Smoke,Extra Armor
5 Terminators-240
2 Assault Cannons

6 Man Las/Plas-115
6 Man Las/Plas-115
6 Man Plasma gun-100
6 Man Plasma gun-100

10 Man Assault Squad-260
2 PP, Vet Serg w/ PF
LST-80
LST-80

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oooooook... Where do i find a hellfire dread?

· Registered
75 Posts
Always give dreads extra armour. They lose a close combat attack when stunned and you need them to be mobile especially if you plan on them being a close combat element.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.