Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been messing around with mech veterans and I've become stuck between settling on one of the two lists:

185 Company command squad + 4x plasma gun + carapace armor + chimera /w ml + flamer

105 5 Storm troopers + 2x meltagun

155 10 veteran squad + 3x meltagun + chimera /w ml + flamer
170 10 veteran squad + 3x plasma gun + chimera /w ml + flamer

145 Hellhound /w hull multi-melta
180 3 armored sentinel 3x autocannon

150 Medusa /w heavy bolter + Enclosed crew compartment
180 leman russ demolisher + lascannon
75 Hydra flak tank /w heavy flamer
----

OR

165 Company command squad + 4x plasma gun + chimera /w ml + flamer

105 5 Storm troopers + 2x meltagun

170 10 veteran squad + 3x plasma gun + chimera /w ml + flamer

145 Hellhound /w hull multi-melta
120 2 armored sentinel 2x autocannon

150 Medusa /w heavy bolter + Enclosed crew compartment
180 leman russ demolisher + lascannon
----

I am personally leaning towards the second list a bit, simply because an extra scoring vet squad with meltas seems to be more versatile than a hydra + an extra sentinel. I was wondering also if list #2 would benefit more from a LRBT rather than a 4th melta squad or if it would simply be personal preference.

Critiques on either list would be great and I'm also aware that enclosed crew on the Medusa may not be so helpful. However, its a forgeworld model and I prefer to stick with the miniature's visible war gear just so the picky people don't make a fuss.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd lean towards the second with a few changes. First off, yea, the extra melta squad is cool. If I run mech at 1500 I want 5 Chimeras on the field. I think the Demolisher could drop the lascannon. The 2 armored sentinels could br swapped for 3 scount sentinels armed the same way. I think you have plenty of plasma already, I'd tone the command squad down to Meltaguns. The points from the lascannon and and plasma lets you put in 2 squads of 2 scout sentinels for a total of 1505. Maybe drop a melta from the CCS? Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.