HQ: Master of the Forge- 120
Conversion beamer

Troops: 10 x Tactical- 230
flamer
Heavy bolter
Rhino
Extra Armour
HK

Troops: 9 x Tactical- 229 (HQ choice rides with them)
meltagun
Lascannon
Rhino
Extra Armour
HK

Troops: 10 x Tactical- 230
Plasma gun
Missile Launcher
Rhino
Extra Armour
HK

Troops: 10 x Tactical- 240
Plasma gun
Missile Launcher
Rhino
Extra Armour
HK

Elites: 5x Assault Terminators- 450
Sergeant- Lightening claws
4x Thunderhamer and Storm shield
Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-melta

1509 points.

Tactic: Land raider with Terminators in middle, two rhinos either side. Tacticals split into combat squads with the assault weapon half advancing (or holding neaby objectives) with the rhio as cover, and the heavy weapon half staying in the rhino and advancing. Idea is the HKs on the rhinos alongside Tactical heavy weaponry takes out the major problems before rhinos arrive, and the Land raider and Terminators finish off the resiliant bits.

Any thoughts and criticisms would be great.

·
4,967 Posts
Firstly you have left a few individual point costs on the list. Anyway....

HQ: He is ok as long range fire support but if you put him in a rhino I dont think he needs the conversion beamer if he is advancing. Have you thought about a cheap librarian instead for some psy defence and a few powers.

Troops: If you are combat squadding then why take rhinos? Razorbacks would be much more useful. Also if a rhino moves you can't fire a heavy weapon from the hatch so deploy your heavy weapon elements on the board to claim home objectives while the sarge and special weapon go in the razorbacks and advance. You could swap the HKs and extra armour for TL Las cannon on razorbacks but they are a bit vulnerable.

Your 9 man squad cannot take any heavy or special weapons until it gets to 10 strong. It's another use for a razorback that allows a 6th (HQ) model to join a combat squad. I would also considder dropping all the extra armour for a few power weapons in squads.

Elites: Nice. I think I would take 2-3 L-Claws but it's personal taste. You have paid for extra armour on the rhinos but not on the LRR? I think this is the one place I would pay for the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.