Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a list similar to this at a 1250 tourney and went 2-0-1, so hopefully this works well. Would welcome any comments/criticisms

HQ
Farseer with Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Fortune
110 pts

7 Warlocks, 1 with enhance, 1 with embolden
195 pts
Wave Serpent with TL-Shuriken Cannons and Spirit Stones
110 pts

Elites
6 Fire Dragons
96 pts
110 pts

10 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Executioner, War Shout and Acrobat
192 pts
110 pts

Troops
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Dual Shuriken Catapults and Bladestorm
152 pts
110 pts

6 Dire Avengers
72 pts

3 Jetbikes
66 pts

Heavy Support
Falcon Grav-tank with 2 Shuriken Cannons, Holo-fields, and Spirit Stones
175 pts

Total: 1498

Small DA squad goes in the falcon and sits on an objective. If I had more jetbike models I'd probably take another small squad of them instead, and then take Yriel over the falcon, but there's no way I'm gonna get the models in time. Anyway, let me know what you think

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good. All i would say is that your warlock squad is eating up a ton of points i would either lower the number of warlocks or take em out altogether for more dire avengers. other than that its good.

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
I'm not a fan of Serpent mounted Seer Councils, to easy to lose their means of transportation, especially if you don't get first turn. I'd bump them down and Jetbike them, probably 5-6 strong total. You don't have the models I'm guessing though, unfortunately.

3 Jetbikes is useless, either try and get a Warlock model for them and a SCannon or cut I'd say.

The Serpents would all be better with Scatter Lasers or EMLs if you could ever scrounge the points in a revision.

I'd cut a Falcon and the small DA unit, replace them with either another mounted big DA unit or a mounted Flamer SGuardian unit. They do the same job but give you the option of actually being useful outside of objective games. Right now you're basically dropping a target that's safely ignored while they look at your bigger threats.

Sadly you seem to be pretty constrained on what models are available so I don't know how much help I can be.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think you should modify your list to fit in 2 squads of outflanking scorpes in serpants with eml. I also like the idea of the bike council, so drop the banshees. :terror:+:hammer:=:peace:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hmmm.

Just my suggestions. Put the Fire Dragons in the Falcon, drop their Serpent +110
Drop the 6 man D.A. Squad + 72

Use 182 points to make that jetbike squad formidable including a warlock and a shuriken cannon or two. This should be just as successful at claiming objectives as the 3 bikes + the 6 man DA squad you had going before, but it's going to be more survivable and not going to be useless in a non-objective battle. Your 3 man squad and 6 man DA squad are clearly there just for objective based games. A bigger bike squad with two cannons can also hunt rear armor easily, which all your shuriken cannon wave serpents may not be able to do (because that's not where you'll be delivering its cargo).

I personally think the 6 dragons aren't enough for anti-armor in the game, especially if something goes wrong early on. I'd find a way to give at least one serpent a lance or EML, to at least make your opponent question where his fire is going. If I was playing against you that dragon serpent and squad would be everyones target on turn 1 and then I'd just try to romp the field with some heavy stuff.

I like seer councils, transported or biked. Yours is the most formidable force in your army and I understand they too do offer some anti tank, but sometimes it's hard to charge a tank or not exactly what you want to be doing with the unit.

·
1,059 Posts
My biggest problem with the list is that only shuriken cannons have been used on the tanks. Personally I would say decide on either the banshees or the council as your melee unit and drop the other for perhaps a second dragon unit or drop the waveserpent also and grab some fireprisms. Use any extra points to pick up some better guns on the falcon ( since it isn't going to be charing forward ) and some of the transports. The shuriken cannon is great for transports that are going to be charging into the mix from the start but a couple more heavy guns to deal with armor could help alot.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I appreciate all the suggestions but there are a few problems, first being that I don't have anymore jetbikes than what I included in this list. I guess I could drop the jetbikes and bump up the small DA squad to full strength, and have them swap vehicles with the dragons. I'm just a little uncomfortable only having 2 troops.

I also like the idea of prisms, and I do have one that I'm currently using as a falcon (magnets on the guns), but I'd be reluctant to run just one. I'm also using all my fire dragons, so I'm not sure if I can afford to drop the council, just since I need more anti-tank (In my last tourney, the council ate tanks for breakfast), and I feel like if I dropped the banshees I'd be defensless against MEQs and terminators. Can you really get by with just one CC squad? Cause in my experience the banshees and seers have worked very well together.

Also for the record, I'm not taking guardians. All they've ever done for me is yield kill points to my opponent. I've also ruled out the possiblility of ever taking a biker council since it would cost about $30 per model. Yeah it'd be lethal as hell, but WAY to costly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, here's another idea. I'm not sure how much I like it, since it seems to make too many compromises (ie, some small squad sizes, serpents still all have shuricannons, among other things). But let me know what you think:

HQ
Farseer with Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, and Fortune
110 pts

5 Warlocks, Embolden, Enhance
145 pts

Elites
5 Fire Dragons
80 pts
110 pts

8 Howling Banshees, Exarch with Executioner, Acrobat, and War Shout
160 pts
110 pts

Troops
152 pts
110 pts

152 pts
110 pts

5 Rangers
95 pts

Heavy Support
Falcon Grav-tank with Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields, and Spirit Stones
165 pts

Total: 1499

In this case the Farseer and Warlocks go in the Falcon, though I kind of feel like this list spreads itself a bit thin. I know Pathfinders are usually preferable to Rangers, but I haven't really found them to be worth the points. I'd still probably prefer the jetbikes over them, even though the bikes would be useless in Kill-points. I've found snipers to really only be useful against Tyranids.

I most definitely am not opposed to Cloud's idea of making a formidable bike squad, but the trouble is the lack of models (and that the models are so expensive). I could even just try to go off the 2 DA squads for troops and hope that'll be enough. In that case I'd get lances on the DA serpents, and maybe an extra warlock, in which case I'd switch the council and dragons' vehicles. But I don't know, I find that my troops tend to die when there's less of them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I see what your trying to do heres the list id run this list its five pts over but im sure u can find a way to fix it probably war shout hope this helps.

HQ

Farseer with Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, and Fortune
110 pts

7 Warlocks, Embolden, Enhance
195 pts

110 pts

Elites
5 Fire Dragons
80 pts
110 pts