Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This a list for a custom chapter that I'll be making soon called the Arctic Foxes. They're a close combat themed chapter that uses infiltrate and assault squads to quickly get to grips with the enemy. Tell me what you think and how I could make it better, at the moment I'm not sure about the chaplain and the dreadnought, they are however fluffy.

Traits
Courageous: See but don't be seen
Fierce: Take the fight to them
Drawbacks: Aspire to glory & We stand alone

HQ
Reclusiarch
+Jump Pack
+Pair of lightning claws
=135

Elites
Dreadnought TLLC + DCCW
+Venerable
+Tank Hunters
+Extra Armor
+Smoke launchers
=163

Troops
Scout squad
[8] Scouts with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
=104

Scout Squad
[8] Scouts with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
=104

Tactical squad
[9] Tactical marines with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
+Infiltrate
[1] Veteran Seargent
+Bolt pistol
+Powerfist
=210

Tactical squad
[9]Tactical Marines with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
+Infilitrate
[1] Veteran Seargent
+Bolt pistol
+Powerfist
=210

Fast Attack
Assault squad
[8] Assault Marines
+Meltabombs
+Plasma pistol
+Plasma pistol
=202

Assault Squad
[8] Assault Marines
+Meltabombs
+Plasma pistol
+Plasma pistol
=202

Assault squad (to be deployed with chaplain)
[7] Assault Marines
+Plasma pistol
+Plasma pistol
=164

Total: 1494

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Thats a very solid list, the only thing I can say is you are light on the anti-tank, maybe include a devastator squad for that little extra punch?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your 2 scout squads seems useless, because they don't have the punch, add a power fist to each scout serg and it's good.

Next, add to each tactical squad 1 meltagun and each tactical squad serg a power fist. Try to make them 8 or 10 men big (easier to calculate)

Your AT capabilities are fluff indead, so you have to do it with meltabombs, but the dreadnought.. fluff? He can't infiltrate or walk fast..

3 Assault squads are overkill, go for 2x 10 men with each 2 pp and 1 power fist and cs with meltabombs (because of the lack of your AT)

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
77 Posts
My view on your army, with some modifications would be:

HQ: 145 pts
Reclusiarch: Jump pack, powerfist, crozius, terminator honours

Troops: 777
Tactical Squad: 8 men, meltagun, serg; bp/pf/cs, rest all bp/ccw, all infiltrate
Tactical Squad: 8 men, meltagun, serg; bp/pf/cs, rest all bp/ccw, all infiltrate
Tactical Squad: 6 men, plasmagun, lascannon, all infiltrate

Fast attack: 570
Assault Squad: 10 men, 2x plasmapistol, serg; bp/pf/cs, rest all bp/ccw, all meltabombs
Assault Squad: 10 men, 2x plasmapistol, serg; bp/pf/cs, rest all bp/ccw, all meltabombs

Total pts. : 1492
Total units: 55

Every tactical squad can infiltrate, you got 21 power armoured space marines to flank the enemy and 3 lascannons to pop some armour (and 20 meltabombs)
I add a powerfist to your reclusiarch, he gains the choice of having all crozius attacks or all double str with I1 attacks. I would recommend you this list.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Get rid of the melta-bombs in the assault squads and drop the powerfist from the chaplain. The powerfist with the assault marines anti-tanks enough to be a back up to your lascannons and melat-guns. The powerfist on the chappy is a waste of points, you dont need to kill stuff that bad. The chaplain is primarily used to make your assault squads really good, and because he's super budget. With the points you save, you can max out the tac squads, who will need it if you intend to get them engaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts