Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearly finshed painting up my Deathraven army and I want to do a more power armored list next for my Dark Angels. I've always liked the idea of a chaplain leading a bunch of tooled up veterans into combat, so I started the army off with that. I know I don't get rights of battle and all that, but I want to try this route.
I'm looking for this to be a decent competative list for all comers. I've been swapping things around and tweaking and came up with this. The predators I already have in my collection, the rest of it is unpurchased as of yet.
Any comments or suggestions?

Idea being chaplain joins vets in rhino and rush up to get into assault.
All the tactical squads combat squad, the SGT and special move up in the razorback, or just use the razorback for LOS blocking. The heavy weapon half sits back and goes for vehicle armor first and then targets of opportunity. The tanks are basically the anti infantry and light armor.

HQ:
Int. Chaplain, meltabombs

Elite:
9 Veterans: x1PF, x2 PW, x3 combat shield(carried on regular models), rhino w/ extra armor

Troops:
Tactical unit: x9 marines, x1 vet SGT w/ power weapon, plasmagun, lascannon, razorback w/ TLHB

Tactical unit: x9 marines, x1 vet SGT w/ powerfist, meltagun, lascannon, razorback w/ TLHB

Tactical unit: x9 marines, x1 vet SGT w/ power weapon, plasmagun, lascannon, razorback w/ TLHB

Heavy:
Predator: autocannon turret, heavybolter sponces

Predator: autocannon turret, heavybolter sponces

Whirlwind

·
Registered
177 Posts
am, you have a razorback for each squad of marines. the problem being that they are 9 or 10 strong and a razorback can only hold 6. I'd say drop the heavy weapons, take some rhinos and change to pred ann with HB sponsons. or perhaps I'm mistaken it's been 5 years since I played Marines or Dark Angels

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, new Dark Angels can get a razorback for any size unit. And in addition Dark Angels have the combat squad rules, meaning a full 10 man unit can split into two 5 man units at deployment.
So the idea is you send the SGT and special weapon in the razorback up to the enemy, and keep the other 5 guys with heavy weapon back and fire that.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'd say take a land raid crusader for the veterans and chaplain, but only crazy people like me would field a land raider in a 1500 point game (I only did it in the last tournament I was at cuz I didn't think I would win... man was I wrong...) ^_^

it would put you way over in points anyway.

This list looks fun, just make sure to make really good use of cover and "mobile" cover to hide that rhino.

hmm.. I'm nervous about the amount of anti tank you have tho, you sure that's enough? Maybe more melta guns....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Zuriel, I just like getting different crowds opinions. :)

I'm not terribly worried about the anit tank, for 1500 anyway. There aren't usually any landraiders at that level, the most you see is something like my list with a few predators or WW, and some transports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.