Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! Just got started into WHFB, fell in love with the DE aesthetic... and found out they're awesome to boot. After reading some forums and poking around, this is my first attempt at a list. This list is pretty tailored to going against my Dorf playing friend who just got into it as well, so it's magic-light intentionally. That disclaimer comes before the list, so keep that in mind. Thank you for any feedback, have a great day!

Lord: Death Hag (General) - 305
  • Cauldron of Blood
  • Witchbrew
Hero: Master - 125
  • Cold One
  • Lance
  • Heavy Weapon
  • Sea Dragon Cloak
  • Shield
  • BSB
Core:
  • Darkshards x16
  • Darkshards x16
Special:
  • Black Guard x16, Tower Master, Standard Bearer
  • Cold One Knights x5
  • Cold One Knights x5
Rare:
  • Doomfire Warlocks
My theory is to slap the Cauldron and Death Hag into the Black Guard and basically use them as a giant block of death to tie up anything. Darkshards are there to soften up infantry and then take out their archers. Cold One Knights flank and spank whatever the Black Guards are tied up with. Master is linked to one of the Cold One units. Doomfires are on anti-warmachine detail.

Thank you again for the feedback!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I assume that two units of 16 cold ones was a mistake? Cuz otherwise that list is way more than 1500 points. Besides that most of it looks good. Except that the hag comes from your hero allowance not lords. That puts you over your 25% limit for heroes at 1500. You could drop your bsb to fit her in, you may regret that though using coks. But you could then bump up your black guard unit with the points you saved. 16 is a little skimpy for a unit of elven infantry. They are good at killing but they are ridiculously easy to kill as well. You could also give one unit of coks the standard of discipline. That would help a bit with those pesky stupidity tests.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I totally mistyped the number of COKs. I did misread the Codex and thought the Hag was a Lord choice. I removed her, added a second Master as my General. Increased my Blackguard to 25, tossed in the banner you suggested.

Thank you very much for the suggestions! :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice list i run something simlar at 1000pts i have found in lower points games Cold one chariots edge it oover cold one knights but i love both.

The doom locks are great never leave home without them the only time i take a sorc is over 2000pts when a lvl 4 becomes necerssary.

I would personally combine the Dark shards into a unit of 30 and give them shields and standard (multi purpose then) you can be 15X2 and as the enemy close 5X6 giving you good ranks and a 6++ parry you would be suprised how well this unit does.

Yeah you want as many black guard as possible as they will get targeted by everything and with only heavy armour they will die quickly playing dwarfs i would have also considered the excutioners over the black guard as your str 4 is wounding on 4+ the excutioners wound on a 2+ re roll 1s to wound which means your likely to get very close to 100% wounds killing blow, the str negates their armour will be much better for killing in general let alone dwarfs (also the models are soooooooooooo cool). The problem i have with black guard is they are a sucky version of pheonix guard.

You won't need the standard of disiplin if your bsb is with the CoK, I find its rare to fail the stupidity test but if you do keep the banner of disiplin put your general there to give him LD 10 again i would combine the COK and slap both characters in there with a standard and champ 6X2 formation they can best most opponents atm 5 isn't going to do much (well they will but they will never break anything).

Hope this helps best of luck and welcome to the slaughter in the name of the witch king

·
Registered
330 Posts
A rather tough unit, to consider ...

* A unit of at least 30 BG (6 x 5), with FC

* A Lore of Life, supreme sorceress.

* Death Hag / CoB , attached to the unit.

-

If your concerned with war machines, lone mages, small missile units, chaff ...

* Master on a Dark Pegasus

* Lance, SDC, Shield (HW)

* Cloak of Twilight

-

A unit between 20 -30 Darkshards, is usually enough. Musician, SB, and banner to taste.

You may want to look into DR or BAC drops.

Unless your building a death star, a unit of 6 COKs, with a FC, performs well.

I would try to work in, 2 units of 6 locks.

-

Yes, my preferred magic number is 6, when it comes to cavalry. Those extra attacks, and / or bow shoots, can make all the difference.

-

Just a few ideas, to think about.

:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts