Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I already own Typhus, 2 squads of 7DG and the Landraider, gonna buy the rest depending on what you guys think.

HQ
Typhus :X

Elites
4 Terminator Champions (16 attacks basic)
4 pairs lightning claws
Icon of Nurgle

Troops
7 Plague Marines
Plasma gun, Flamer
Plague Champion: Pfist, Mbombs

7 Plague Marines
Plasma guns, Flamer
Plague Champion: Pfist, Mbombs

7 Plague Marines
Plasma gun, Flamer
Plague Champion: Pfist

Heavy
Chaos Land Raider
Daemonic Posession

Chaos Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Havoc launcher

Total: 1503pts

Typhus and the termie champs race full speed in the Landraider then charge out and murder the opposing HQ. The Landraider then shoots at vehicles.

All comments much appreciated, cheers.

·
4,967 Posts
Initially I was against the termies as too expensive and easy to avoid but with the land raider they could be very powerful. Certainly a lot of your eggs will be in one basket. Typhus is fantastic against carnifexes but otherwise you may save points by using the same model as a generic nurgle lord with daemon weapon. One terminator could be reequipped with a heavy flamer and chainfist just in case and enemy dread charges your killer squad and locks them in combat.

Squads look ok but drop the metabombs. Would you rather have 4 attacks at S8+D6 or one at S8+2D6? Drop the flamers as they suck on foot slogging troops. I would go for double plasma all the way but maybe one squad with 2 meltas for an anti vehicle boost.

Land raider. An expensive taxi, bit of a risk, but fine.

Dakka Pred. Good design but I think your list could use more ranged anti tank firepower. Get the AC + 2xLC version.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Hows this?
It's still 1503pts, but I had to ask myself,"Will the Havoc launcher kill more than 3 plasma guns?" I figure "no" and the plasmas are more likely to kill a Dread.

The Predator seems a bit feeble now, but I need something to kill that Mekboy with Shock attack gun and lootas at the back of the board.

Swapping 1 Termi Champ with lightning claws for a normal Termi with Hflamer and Chainfist saves no points and with only 5 models in that squad, I need the inititive.

I love Typhus and want to marry him.

Typhus

4 Terminator Champions
4 pairs lightning claws
Icon of Nurgle

7 Plague Marines
2 Plasma guns

7 Plague Marines
2 Plasma guns

7 Plague Marines
2 Plasma guns

Chaos Land Raider
Extra armour

Chaos Predator
Heavy Bolter Sponsons

It still has lots of weaknesses, mainly the lack of long range anti-tank fire and the 710 points tied up in the Landraider, but I converted it so nurgly that I can't bear not to use it.

Any suggestions much appreciated, but I need to know where the points are gonna come from. Please help if you can, but I guess it just comes down to, "710 points! You pays your money, you takes your chances."
Cheers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
definitely make the squad weapons agree , aka dont put assault weapons with heavy weapons, pick a theme for the squad and go with it. If you want a squad of marines with flamers, make a squad with only flamers. otherwise you are always wasting one of the weapons.

the annoying part i've found with having special weapons on death guard squads and having champions with those squads is trying to equip them properly. Most of the squads do not come with the proper amount of special weapons for all the combinations possible.

I dont think it would be hard to design a sprue of just heavy/special weapons, and box it with all marine boxes so if you need a few extra heavy weapons for your squad selection, you have them. Or at least make a heavy weapon sprue available for seperate purchase. I don't mind paying a good bit for it, but currently id have to pay minimum $3 for a seperate plasma gun from bitzbox, warstore, or even ebay(I can find $.50 or $1 plasma guns, but the shipping is at least $2)

If anyone has a better solution to this, im completely interested.

·
4,967 Posts
GW still make a Deathguard Havoc squad box that contains 2 plasmas, 1 melta and one flamer along with a plague champion. You could also buy them in stores in blisters of 2 until last year. They are probably still available mail order.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
GW still make a Deathguard Havoc squad box that contains 2 plasmas, 1 melta and one flamer along with a plague champion. You could also buy them in stores in blisters of 2 until last year. They are probably still available mail order.
Sadly, it's ridiculously expensive.

OF course, converting plague marines is GREAT fun and it gives your army a really unique look, which is all the craze these days.

In terms of the army itself,

I think that more or less you have all your bases covered. There's no doubts it could be tighter in terms of competitions and tournaments etc, however for a fun fight with some friends, it's fine :)

With regards to mixing weapons... generally it is regarded as bad form to mix weapons, however, it can work if you know what you're doing.

In my experience the best way to get it to work is to have multiple amounts of that squad set up (ie 3 or above), because, rather than have flexibility with the squad, you get it as an army as a whole.

So, basically, if you want the squad to function independently, then give them matching weaponry. If they are to work with the rest of your army as part of it, then you have a bit more flexibility provided it's taken into account with the rest of your army.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts