Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen the forebear of this list, if so, good, you can help out that much more. The idea behind this army is that it is meant as a starter force for me, because I am getting into Death Guard. After a haphazardly-assembled IG army, I have decided I want to put thought into army construction before I make it.

HQ:

Lord - 151
__Infiltrate, DStrength, DSpeed, DAura, Manreaper, BP, Spiky Bits

Great Unclean One - 150

Elites:

Possessed Marines - 135
__5x Marines

Troops:

Plague Marines - 217
__6x Marines: MG, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Infiltrate
__Asp. Champ: BP, PF, DStrength, Chains

Plague Marines - 217

Plague Marines - 217

Heavy Support:

Havocs - 234
__6x Marines: 4 PG, Infiltrate
__Asp. Champ: BP, PF, DStrength

Dreadnaught - 165
__DCCW, LC, Possesed, Mutated Hull

Total: 1496

Fire away.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'd consider dropping the unclean one and those chains to get a plague bearer squad, or even another squad of plague marines. 2 HQ's are a bit much in my opinion for a medium sized list like this one. Alternativley you could beef up that small possesed squad. Other wise they can die to a single round of shooting.

·
Registered
49 Posts
in your troops take either two MG or two Meltas. drop the flamers, reason being first off they are far inferior to a melta or plasma gun in the sense your getting more shots off with there range. the second reason being you dont want to mix and match guns with flamers because they dont compliment each other.

i dont understand why your putting chains on all your asp champs because pre game you must pick one of the champions for the demon to come out of. so there is 50 points wasted i think it is.(25 + 25).

also, on the asp. champs drop the dem. str because with a powerfist your wounding on 2's agaisnt marines anyways. id drop the str for nurgles rot which is much more useful.

on the lord i think your paying for things were the points could be going to things more valuable. drop the aura and spiky bits and im not sure what the BP. after that you cut down a little bit and still have basically the same lord.

with all these extra points saved i would get your possessed into a rhino and try to salvage enough points to put dem. talons on them. if thats not doable then i would just go for a plaguebearer squad.

cheeers

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your lord is spot on, in my opinion. I would drop the great unclean one as this saves you over 250 points(chains+150 for unclean one). Use these points to buy your possesed squad 1 more marine a champion and a rhino. Also, I agree with what has been said earlier, change those flamers to meltas. This would also allow your dread to take a plasma cannon instead of the Las, which saves points and in my opinion is more versatile. or alternatively, use those points to buy a cheap Lt. ( power wpn, D str, nurgles Rot, infiltrate, D speed). Then, you could still buy your undersized possesed squad a rhino (I'm assuming they have talons?) Those are my thoughts on your list :)

P.S. I would put nurgles rot on every A.C and I.C, if it kills two marines it pays the price of buying it for your entire army

1 - 4 of 4 Posts