Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Long time reader, really noobish player though... hahaha...

I'm trying to get an all comers list together, and have my first game within the week...

I need something that can capture objectives, so i had to get a list that could move to where it was needed FAST!!! Plus it had to be take all comers. So I decided on a drop pod force.

I originally had Trust your battle brothers as well, but by getting rid of that, I freed up enough points for another dread.

so without further ado, the list

Traits: Cleanse and purify, Have faith in your colors or something ( I can’t remember, but I have purple marines… ahaha)

HQ (380pts, 25.33%)
150 – Librarian with Storm Bolter Terminator Armour and Fear of the Darkness
200 – 4 man Terminator Command Squad, 2 with Assault Cannons
30 – Drop Pod

ELITES (300pts, 20%)150 – Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer and Extra Armour
30 – Drop Pod

150 – Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer and Extra Armour
30 – Drop Pod

TROOPS (820 pts, 54.66%)
175 – 8 Man Tactical Squad. Vet Sarge with Powerfist, 2 Marines have Plasma Guns
30 – Drop Pod

175 – 8 Man Tactical Squad. Vet Sarge with Powerfist, 2 Marines have Plasma Guns
30 – Drop Pod

30 – Drop Pod

175 – 8 Man Tactical Squad. Vet Sarge with Powerfist, 2 Marines have Melta Guns
30 – Drop Pod

I know this list is fairly standard for a drop pod force, but i am still coming to terms with how to play... so i need something that i can use all the time, with little to no thought, while still being tactically sound.

The main opponents will be Tau, Eldar, Necrons and Nids… hardly anyone plays Marines or chaos!!! In fact, that’s the reason I put in only one squad of melta, and 3 plasma, instead of 2 of each. I’m really scared of TMC’s! and those that can utilise skimmers, don’t… hahaha

I have never been to a tourny before, so any tips on how to use this list for the missions and opponents I will face would be lovely, however, any list changes are also welcome.

I should add that was raised as a DE player, so this will slow things down considerably for me, so i really am after all the help with playing as i can.

Would you change anything? Tips and pointers?

- Praeda

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
well it appears you've read the tactica, nice list.

ELITES (300pts, 20%)150 – Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer and Extra Armour
30 – Drop Pod

150 – Dreadnought with Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer and Extra Armour
30 – Drop Pod
This is a typo. The dreadnought should cost 30 points less, its 150 with the drop pod.

HQ (380pts, 25.33%)
For the purposes of army composition, most tourneys are only interested in the cost of the command himself, not his retinue. So your HQ actually works out to be 10% of the army.

150 – Librarian with Storm Bolter Terminator Armour and Fear of the Darkness
200 – 4 man Terminator Command Squad, 2 with Assault Cannons
30 – Drop Pod
I suppose it depends on your play style, but if your facing a lot of skimmers it might be nice to get tank hunterssquads skill instead of the extra wound on the librarian. 2x 7s 4 shot weapons really annoys most skimmers.

I'd still probably run an even mix of plasma to melta, but I guess thats not the biggest deal in the world.

Peace

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
This is a good list. There is not much else I can say except that swaping the plasma guns for melta guns on one more sqaud will stand you in good stead.

With regards to the dreadnoughts I would use the 60pts you now have spare to add one more marine to each of the tactical sqauds as numbers are important in tournaments and that extra model can make the difference between seizing an objective or not.

JvK :happy:

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
With regards to the dreadnoughts I would use the 60pts you now have spare to add one more marine to each of the tactical sqauds as numbers are important in tournaments and that extra model can make the difference between seizing an objective or not.
Haha, well actually, an 8 man squad needs 5 marines to be remove for the unit to be below half strength. So does a 9 man squad. So an extra man in each squad won't help. However 10 man squads can make a difference.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a typo. The dreadnought should cost 30 points less, its 150 with the drop pod.
Oops, this is true...

Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep it in mind. This list has worked both really well, and really horribly for me... all because of the way I play them... who knew Dropping closer to nids was a bad thing ::shakes head::

Do you need to DS the dudes in the Drop Pod, or can you start with them on the table and DS the pod seperately?

thanks for the help and suggestions. it all helped immensely... especially the tactica Forged ;)

i think i will switch the 3rd plasma squad to a melta squad...

Catch ya later guys

(sorry for semi-necro-ing this thread, the computer is bubkus!!!)

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Yeah, hoard armies can be an issue. I still find shooting the big ones works pretty good for me. But nids have always been a tough army for my pods, i generally split victories with them - they are just a good army against marines, and gene stealers are pretty scary when podding.

To solve some of those problems, I use LSTs, i find them to be quite helpful. However, you'd probably want to wait to the 1850 point level to do that.

Peace

·
Registered
51 Posts
Haha, well actually, an 8 man squad needs 5 marines to be remove for the unit to be below half strength. So does a 9 man squad. So an extra man in each squad won't help. However 10 man squads can make a difference.

in regards to this the 9 man means 3 marines have to die for leadership not 2 so the extra marine in squads is important

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
but 10 is better because now 6 need to be killed to stop the unit from being scoring.

as for horde armies like nids... they are the reason I started making mixed lists to force them to spread out...

and if you think you have to engage genestealers, try to drop in cover, even if they have flesh hooks, at least you will attack at the same time. The last time I did this I goaded my oponent to send his broodlord after my Librarian and terminators in a forest. But my friend... didn't give his broodlord flesh hooks. Suffice to say, it ate a force weapon attack and died before it could do anything. He was pissed. ^_^

Also keep in mind I had dropped two tactical squads with my Libby and his terminators around this broodlord because he had a large retinue of genesteleers. Most of them were dead from my shooting before he assaulted me, and the few genestelers that were left still messed up my terminators before I could kill them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.