Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally made a list for league, yay.
Critiques would be appreciated!

Thanks! 8X

HQ:
FarSeer
-Spirit Stones
-Runes of warding
-Runes of witnessing
-doom
-guide
-singing spear

Elite:
Harlequins x 6 + Shadowseer = 7
-5 harle kiss
-Troupe Master upgrade-> harlekiss (6)
-Shadowseer upgrade

Wraithguard x5
Accomp by warlock; spiritseer
+ singing spear
+ enhance

Striking Scorpions x6
Ex: replace shuri-pistol w/ scorp claw

Fast Attack:
(will be swapping the spiders for swooping hawks depending on the army i'm against)
Warp spiders x6
Ex: add. powerblades
Powers: withdraw

Troops:
Dire Avengers x10
-exarch upgrade
-2x shuriken catapult
-bladestor

guardians x10

rangers x5

Heavy:
Wraithlord x1
1x shuriken catapult
1x flamer
bright lance
elder missle launcher

Swap out:
((will swap warp spiders for swooping hawks))
Swooping hawk x6
Ex: hawks talon
Power: skyleap; intercept

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
I've finally made a list for league, yay.
Critiques would be appreciated!

Thanks! 8X

HQ:
FarSeer
-Spirit Stones
-Runes of warding
-Runes of witnessing
-doom
-guide
-singing spear
way over cooked, he diesnt need all those runes, what is he there to do? who is he guiding? whose target is he dooming?

Avatar is a bit of an issue, the only real targets for your opponents AT is the avatar and the WL, why are you taking him (not saying "dont", just why?)
Elite:
Harlequins x 6 + Shadowseer = 7
-5 harle kiss
-Troupe Master upgrade-> harlekiss (6)
-Shadowseer upgrade
:) as per last time, could really use some plain harleys, but understand these are the only models you have
Wraithguard x5
Accomp by warlock; spiritseer
+ singing spear
+ enhance
good lord, why? without transport they lack range and are likely to get shot up, then charged by fast assault units
Striking Scorpions x6
Ex: replace shuri-pistol w/ scorp claw
again needs to be a full squad, I know they come in a box this sized, and I know this sizwd squad works in smaller battles but in battles of this size they need to be able to cope with attrition, also shadow strike is is pretty much a must, and stalker is very very usefull
Fast Attack:
(will be swapping the spiders for swooping hawks depending on the army i'm against)
Warp spiders x6
Ex: add. powerblades
Powers: withdraw
to be honest I wouldnt bother with the hawks, anything they can do the spiders can do as well or better, add suprise assault and a second spinner for the exarch
Troops:
Dire Avengers x10
-exarch upgrade
-2x shuriken catapult
-bladestor
fair enough, as wiz wom suggested in your last list, this config is very bokld, it is more common for DA units with transports that can deliver baldestorm wiuth reasonable safety and security, on foot it is more common to give the exarch shimmer shield and add defend to baldestorm, so that if the unit gets charged it can take it, that doesnt mean dont do it, just be aware it is bold and consider switching it if you struggle
guardians x10
no, guardians are all but useless, the most viable approach is give them a multi shot weapons platform and a warlock with conceal, without that, you are not gonna get much joy out of them, even with that there are other, more effective units
rangers x5
ALWAYS upgrade rangers to pathfinders, ditch your guardians to do this and use the points to sort out the other stuff
Heavy:
Wraithlord x1
1x shuriken catapult
1x flamer
bright lance
elder missle launcher
fine, see notes on AT with the Avatar, but this is your main AT option, would be loathed to remove it
Swap out:
((will swap warp spiders for swooping hawks))
Swooping hawk x6
Ex: hawks talon
Power: skyleap; intercept
as above, the spiders are better

you are very very light on anti tank power

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, the enemy's heavy weapons will have to hunt for targets, with no tanks. So, the WL and Avatar are going down, I'd be surprised if they see the end of the second turn.

Footslogging, you will need the resilience of fortune & shimmershield. And fortune would keep the Avatar alive longer, too. Nothing says you can't attach more than one IC to a squad, or that you can't attach a monstrous creature IC to a normal infantry squad.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Well, the enemy's heavy weapons will have to hunt for targets, with no tanks. So, the WL and Avatar are going down, I'd be surprised if they see the end of the second turn.
agree, the reason I wasnt completely absolute is that it affords some protection to the WG, but I doubt this justifies it as it costs you the AT of the WL
Footslogging, you will need the resilience of fortune & shimmershield. And fortune would keep the Avatar alive longer, too. Nothing says you can't attach more than one IC to a squad, or that you can't attach a monstrous creature IC to a normal infantry squad.
? neither the avatar nor the wraithlord is an indipendent Character mate

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks to the both of you, i'm going to try and tweak things...before the match this afternoon..

::goes to tweak:::happy:

·
Registered
94 Posts
neither the avatar nor the wraithlord is an indipendent Character mate
Correct - Avatar was Monstrous IC in the last codex; isn't now. But, still, the Fortune on the Farseer can be used on the avatar, if the Farseer is attached to the DAs with the shimmershield 4+ invul save. Because then the Farseer has some meat shields.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts