Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Simple Green.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get right into the list, this is my first to get ready to shred:

Chaos Lord - 225 (probably too expensive but he seems sooooo diesel)
inc. CSM bike, essence, mutation, aura, combat drugs, doom siren (for bike's meltagun), spiky bits, strength, MoS, lightning claw

6x CSMs - 124
inc. MoS, Aspiring Champ, 1x blastmaster
6x CSMs - 124
6x CSMs - 124
6x CSMs - 124

6x CSM Bikers - 325
inc. MoS, sonic blasters, frag grenades, furious charge,
Aspiring Champion /w aura, mutation, strength, talons, doom siren, lightning claw

6x Havocs - 212
inc. MoS, Aspiring Champ, 4x autocannons, tank hunters
6x Havocs - 212

total = 1500
models = 43

So what do you think?

· Registered
945 Posts
Emp. said:
I'll get right into the list, this is my first to get ready to shred:

inc. CSM bike, essence, mutation, aura, combat drugs, doom siren (for bike's meltagun), spiky bits, strength, MoS, lightning claw
he is a bit exoensive, I suggest you drop a couple of items, also mutations are illegal on bikes, get a ,aster crafted claw instead
6x CSMs - 124
6x CSMs - 124
6x CSMs - 124
6x CSMs - 124
c'mon, these guys are pleading you for sonic blasters, drop one squad to pay the points
6x CSM Bikers - 325
Aspiring Champion /w aura, mutation, strength, talons, doom siren, lightning claw
you cannot have claws and talons on him, just give him a power fist, its better. also he does not need aura or mutation (he cant have it, bits arre so nmuch better)
6x Havocs - 212
6x Havocs - 212
you are slaanesh, where are the blastmasters
total = 1500
models = 43

So what do you think?
not bad, needs work though, maybe you should drop a squad of CSM for 12 daemonnettes,they are nasty coming out of a bike icon

393 Posts
Emp. said:
I know I always say this, but bear with me :cry: You should always aim for an even numbered strength score. A strength score of 5 is ok, but a strength score of 6 will let you instakill t3 guys and wound t4 on 2+. I know you can get extra strength from drugs, but you are gonna wan't to ignore the first wound you take, and you might also like an extra attack, and then it becomes risky.

The lightning claw is very expensive... I would drop the claw and strength and get a dark blade. This will actually save you a few points and make it safer for you to use drugs.

6x CSMs - 124
There must be some mistake here, you don't have any daemonettes, how can you not have any daemonettes?

No, seriously... how can you not have any daemonettes? :O

Other than that its good. You have resisted the urge to give them all sonic blasters, which is also good. I somethimes throw in a powerfist, just to make them able to actually do something in cc. 6 is a terribly low squad size when push comes to shove, but a powerfist will usually make them earn back their points against nearly anything that charges them, including TMC, dreadnoughts, wraithlords etc.

6x CSM Bikers - 325
Slaaneshi bikers are the best thing since sliced bread. But mayhap you should save some points on that champion. A lightning claw is an expensive powerweapon to put on a guy who has strength 6 when charging. Those rerolls are not gonna make a huge difference when you wound nearly anything on a 2+.

And why both talons and claw? If you wan't rending (and you should want it) then get some daemonettes. Come to think about it... how can you not have any daemonettes?

No, seriously... how can you n... ah, sorry :wacko:

Honestly you should cheapen up this champ considerably. I usually go for mutation/powerfist or strength/power weapon. In your case you have invested in furious charge, so it might be a shame to take a powerfist and lose that wonderful initiative, so go for the powerweapon. If you feel like really spending points you can keep mutation (and btw. that is perfectly legal on a biker)

6x Havocs - 212
Autocannon is a good weapon. Drop tank hunters on one of these squads and give them infiltrate. Then you can set them up last which is a huge bonus.

So what do you think?
Hmmmm.... what do I think... I think... how can you not have any daemonettes?

Drop one squad of CSM and cheapen up the lord and the biker champion a tad and you will have enough points for two squads of 6 daemonettes.

You are probably gonna race the bikers and lord forward, and they are gonna need those daemonettes to really put pressure on the opponent. Daemonettes struggle in drawn out combats, but with a biker squad or your lord nearby they will really shine.

Arizzar

· Simple Green.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't totally sure yet on the daemonettes becuase since I'm new at Chaos, I really don't understand about instability and when it's taken or anything (I do know summoning though). I have school now but later I will post an updated version of this list thanks to everyones help :yes:

· Registered
246 Posts
Arizzar said:
The lightning claw is very expensive... I would drop the claw and strength and get a dark blade. This will actually save you a few points and make it safer for you to use drugs.
Arizzar
Arizzar and Bodygarret constantly give me the same advice. After playin' by and contrary to that advice, I have to say ...

Like marines, the damn darkblade is TOO GOOD. I have tried not to field that weapon so many times and it's just self-defeating not to.

The only other daemon weapon I can ever use without wishing for the darkblade ... is the ether lance. And only because I don't mean for that Lord to reach CC.

Sabre

· Simple Green.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Alright Update list, looking better? : (early note: The Dark blade on the Biker Champ is more of a fake out and character killer, while the squad charges, he will have str-8 (charge) and single out enemy characters while the squad goes on the enemy squad. The DP even with just ccw's is still a beat in cc and will take the opposite side of the bikes, "hopefully" striking fear into the opponent :yes: )

Chaos Lord - 157
inc. stature, aura, speed, mutation, doom siren, combat drugs, ccw, ccw

6x CSMs /w Mos, blastmaster, Asp. champ - 124

12x Daemonettes - 180

Aspiring champion biker - 102
inc. dark blade, aura, strength, furious charge, doom siren (bike), mutation, MoS
5x CSM Bikers (/w Asp. Champion making 6x man squad) - 215
inc. MoS, furious charge, frag grenades

6x CSM Havos - 212
inc. MoS, Asp. Champ, 4x autocannons, tankhunters

total = 1486
models = 55

Better but still needs work? What could I do with the extra points?

393 Posts
Yeah, the dark blade probably is a bit too good. A power weapon that gives +2 to strength costing the same as a regular power weapon and d-strength (+1 strength). And to top it off Dark Blade stacks with d-strength making it possible to achieve even more amazing strength. You must have a very specific plan in mind in order to turn down a deal THAT good.

As for other daemon weapons that can be worth it the Ether lance is one, and I have found the Kai Gun to be a fun change of pace. It works very well with BS5, though your lord/ltd will have a much different role than usual.

Arizzar

· The other Kind of Fluff
7,759 Posts
Emp. said:
Chaos Lord - 157
inc. stature, aura, speed, mutation, doom siren, combat drugs, ccw, ccw
Looks much improved.

Emp. said:
What is the purpose of these squads? As they are you're paying 124 points for one heavy weapon. You're not taking advantage of the mark of Slaanesh, other than the blastmaster. These squads are a tremendous point sink, which could be upgraded to improve their combat.

Something to consider: Drop down to 4 squads, and use the points from the 5th squads to upgrade the remainder. Each squad should have infiltrate, bolt pistol & c.c. weapon; the a.c. should have a power weapon and daemonic strenght.
Emp. said:
12x Daemonettes - 180
Twelve girls means you're going to be focussing this squad into troops. Right? Twelve is overkill to send them after a vehicle. Remember, daemonettes fall quickly after the first round. I'd suggest taking the unit down to 8, which will preserve their effectiveness in c.c. (and help support your marines), while at the same time, allowing you to rush a vehicle without investing so many points. Honestly, I've had much more success w/ 2 squads of 6, as compared to 1 squad of 12- much more flexibility.

Emp. said:
Aspiring champion biker - 102
inc. dark blade, aura, strength, furious charge, doom siren (bike), mutation, MoS
I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe their is a point cap on the amount of points you can sink into an a.c.

Drop d. mutation: This squad should be fine without it. With mutation you're putting too many eggs in one basket.

The best configuration for E.C. bikers is probably with sonic blasters, which allows you to take down troops on your way into c.c. Drop furious charge for the blaster. You already have the initiative on almost everything out there; save for Nids, which the sonic blasters should more than make up for.

Emp. said:
6x CSM Havos - 212
Looks good, except, that the unit could really use 1-2 more marines to take as casualties. As it stands, you'll be loosing valuable heavy weapons from round 1.

· Simple Green.
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New Revised List:

Chaos Lord - 167 (meant for squads)
inc. stature, aura, speed, mutation, doom siren, strength, combat drugs, ccw, ccw

6x CSMs /w Mos, blastmaster, Asp. champ, infiltrate, ccws + pistols - 142

6x Daemonettes - 90
6x Daemonettes - 90

Aspiring champion biker - 102 (meant to kill ICs via insta-death)

6x CSM Havos - 212

total = 1444
models = 49

Looking Better? What should I add to fill the 56 left-over points?

P.S. - Boydgarret - AC cap for daemonic is 50, which is what I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.