Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I would finally post a list. This is one I used today at my local game store, against a really nice Eldar player. The list was fun, but I'm not sure about the crusader in it since it doesn't get range until turn 2, in most cases. I also HAVE to stop going into difficult terrain with my raiders... but thats another story.

Troops:
8 PAGK (in normal raider 1)
8 PAGK (in normal raider 2)
5 PAGK (2 incinerators in crusader)

HQ:
Brother captain with psycannon

Heavy support:
Land Raider one
-extra armor
-pintle mounted storm bolter

Land Raider two
-extra armor
-smoke launchers

Land Raider Crusader
-smoke launchers

Thats all folks. Quite a small force for 1500, so I think I might drop the crusader in favor of another regular raider and drop the incinerators for a squad of 6 men. I like the list but feel it needs a little tweeking. Any thoughts?

Next week I might just go back to an ally heavy list... I miss sentinals and cheap IG.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Not much to say. The list is efficient and optimized for what you want.

What I've been considering, instead of a 3rd raider [crusader], is a squad of Seraphim boosted by a canoness. Costs even more than the raider, but it's a bit more survivable than the tank in many games, just as mobile, and just as good at tackling armour, with the added bonus of being able to tie up units in assault. A pair of raiders will still absorb virtually all of an enemy's anti-armour firepower.

I'm beginning to particularly enjoy the canoness/seraphim combo because, provided I don't join the canoness to the squad, I can hit both of them into some infantry, then hit-n-run the girls away but leave the canoness behind to keep the squad tied up. If she dies, I get two more faith points to power the girls, and if she can hold the line for another battle round, I can charge the seraphim back in, if necessary. (Or, of course, run them around to someone else.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.