Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well see the other thread on what Hellstriking is :D Heres a list based on it :) (Night Lords)

Red units Hellstrike.

HQ
Chaos Lord
Lightning Claws
Jump Pack
Mark of Khorne

Elites
10 Chosen
2 Melta Guns
Power Fist
Champion
Undivided

4 Chaos Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer

Troops
10 Chaos Space Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

10 Chaos Space Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Undivided
Dreadclaw Assault Pod

Fast Attack
8 Raptors
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

Heavy Support
Obliterator

Obliterator

Obliterator

Major List Changes here, now its 1496 Points.

To be honest i prefer this one.

The only thing is i will Deep Strike the raptors against all out assault foes. Like Tyranids/Assault Orks/Space Wolves. Raptors behind peoples lines is fun :)

·
275 Posts
Hi:)

Uuuuu... nice crazy thing.

My suggestion is drop PF from termies and add icon to them (and also icon for Chaos Lord if he goes without raptors).

If they arrive earlier on the table you can use their icons for easier deep striking with others. :ballon:

Edit: After your edit you have some icons on the table.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A change in the list

Well this list is changing dramatically :)

I have a slight problem however. I have no idea how to fit in everything i want into 1500.

What i want:

Lash Sorc (its a good way to represent the disrupted communications i think)
4-6 Oblits
Termies (preferred 2 squads)
Chosen
Greater Daemon
Raptors
In addition to the 2 cores its a nightmare

Any ideas?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I have a slight problem however. I have no idea how to fit in everything i want into 1500.

What i want:

Lash Sorc (its a good way to represent the disrupted communications i think)
4-6 Oblits
Termies (preferred 2 squads)
Chosen
Greater Daemon
Raptors
In addition to the 2 cores its a nightmare

Any ideas?
Hello Archnomad. At the 1500 point level, simply put, you can't fit everything you want and still have a competitive build. My suggestion would be to tier off this build towards an 1850, which should permit you everything you'd like to include. So, what's vital? Chosen and Greater Daemon should be dropped, as much as I like them, because you need points for your core two troop units and your flurry of Hellstrike. This should net you a sizable lump of points. Also, good choice on the lash sorcerer; he'll undoubtedly do very well in this build. On this note, have you considered swapping him for the prince counterpart? You don't want to lose your sorcerer to an instant kill weapon on the round that he deep strikes onto the table.

Here's a shot:

Prince (IoS, Lash, Wings)- 155
(optional: sub warp time for IoS and lash. Will yield far greater c.c. results, but lash is better for repositioning the battle, once your deep strike. On second thought, the lash is still preferred, as the scatter is not predictable, along with deep strike timing. Given these two things, the lash is necessary for compensating due to these uncontrollable factors. Second, you may consider flying this sucker across the board, since his lash would greatly help compensate for the slowness of the plague marines. With any luck, the prince could be in c.c. on round one.)

4x Terminatos (3x combi-plasmas, 1x heavy flamer, power fist): 150
4x Terminatos (3x combi-plasmas, 1x heavy flamer, power fist): 150

8x Plague Marines: 246
*2x melta guns
*1x a.c. with fist and personal icon

8x Plague Marines: 246
*2x melta guns
*1x a.c. with fist and personal icon
(I wanted to include Noise Marines for their assault weaponry, but they don't have the staying power. Plague Marines offer you excellent footslogging with the best durability you can buy for your buck. Also, your initial build included a dread claw, but this would leave you with too few models on the table at the beginning).

8x Raptors (IoK, 2x meltas, 1x a.c. with power fist): 250
(Nurgle icon would probably work better, as it will sustain the unit through the retaliatory enemy shooting round that will inevitably follow. However, points were slim)

2x oblits: 150
2x oblits: 150
(I wouldn't d.s. all the oblits, as you need some additional models on the table in the beginning. That's the problem with Hellstrike. You need sufficient ground forces prior to the d.s. arrival, enough to endure the incoming ranged hate)

I'm not sold on this build, as it's focussed too heavily on the deep strike aspect and not enough on your ground forces. You could really use a unit of chosen in order to get an icon as close as possible to the enemy. Hmm.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No no no no no! >=[

This is Night Lords, those are marks and cult troops!

*hiss*

Anyway :p, i think im going to make the ratio something like 800:600 (Ground Troops to Hellstrikers) Let me think a bit :p

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
That's a fine ratio. In that case, you don't really need the cult troops. Night Lords ohoy!

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well here's what ive got so far.

HQ
Sorcerer
Wings
Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Elites
5 Terminators
4 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer

5 Terminators
4 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer

Troops
10 Chaos Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

10 Chaos Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

Fast Attack
8 Raptors
2 Melta Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

5 Raptors
Champion
Power Fist

Heavy Support
Obliterator

Obliterator

1501 Points!

Hows that looking? I like it personally. Only thing it will struggle with is tanks. Thankfully tanks arent too common at my club, 4 enemy tanks is a huge number in our club :)

Woo!

Thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts