Obliterator

Obliterator

Well, what do we think?

~Archy~

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi

Hi there, recently helped out dan jones a little on this type of list, which is quite an intresting idea, its a good list but heres what I suggest:

Sorcerer
Wings
Doombolt

What do you plan to do with this guy? Deep strike him on his own, I wouldn't do that as he could just get instant deathed quite easily, what I'd do is keep him the same but swap bikes for raptors and stick him with then,

4 Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer
Chainfist

4 Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer
Chainfist

4 Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer
Chainfist

Power fist will sufice IMO, and will save some pts

10 Chaos Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

10 Chaos Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

If you look at Djones list he gives this guys a heavy weapon so they csn from a solid fire base, which I think is a real good idea and complements the hellstrike theory, so I'd give a ML for extra AT

4 Chaos Bikers
Champion
2 Melta Guns
Icon of Tzeentch

I see your a beleiver in the 2+ invun save thing, I am split on the subject but I leave it alone to not cause unescarry aguments in game, I suggest swap for raptors sp the HQ can be more effective and because I genrallt think there better (I have practiacal experiance of this) although its largley PP between the 2 IME raptors are better

Obliterator

Obliterator

Solid choices

In all the list is very good of which I would change little although I would re-think the HQ a little and give the troops a different weapon confiagartion finnaly, consider raptors over the bikes, Hope it helps,

Gilli

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sorcerer
Wings
Doombolt
Very inexpensive which is nice, but i'm not a fan of Doombolt on Sorcerers. If you plan on Deep striking him, give him Terminator armor or he can't. Other than that decent choice.

4 Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer
Chainfist

4 Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer
Chainfist

4 Terminators
3 Combi Plasmas
Heavy Flamer
Chainfist
As Gilli said, powerfist is more worth it for the point value. I perfer squads of 5 but this looks like a pretty good setup.

10 Chaos Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided

10 Chaos Marines
2 Plasma Guns
Champion
Power Fist
Undivided
Good choices, once again i agree that some heavier weaponry would be good.

Fast Attack
4 Chaos Bikers
Champion
2 Melta Guns
Icon of Tzeentch
I find that raptors get the job done better, despite being slightly more fragile. I'd proxy these and raptors to see which does more for the list.

Heavy Support
Obliterator

Obliterator
Not much to say, good choice.

Good list overall, but if you lose a few upgrades and switch the bikes for raptors you can beef up your Sorcerer and maybe add a few more terminators in.

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
I agree with the aforementioned. That you should get PF's instead of chainfists...They will work just as well and save you a bit of points that you can use to upgrade things and such. Also, as was mentioned before in order to DS your sorcerer I think you need to give him Termi armour...not 100 percent sure though...

·
Victorus aut Mortis
685 Posts
I agree with the aforementioned. That you should get PF's instead of chainfists...They will work just as well and save you a bit of points that you can use to upgrade things and such. Also, as was mentioned before in order to DS your sorcerer I think you need to give him Termi armour...not 100 percent sure though...
Not true, give a Sorcerer a Jump pack or wings and he can deep strike (Pg 85 Chaos book under Special Equipment).

Reactions: Zygh

·
The balding drunkard
671 Posts
I was not sure, that is why I had said I wasn't too sure about it, and I didn't have my dex around. So disregard the part where I said he couldn't DS.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not true, give a Sorcerer a Jump pack or wings and he can deep strike (Pg 85 Chaos book under Special Equipment).
Must have missed that... Terminator armor costs a bit less though so it's nice if you're tight on points.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
It's not just nice

It's not just nice, it's really nice. Makes your sorceror a little bit less flexible but adds a great armour save, and since you are spending all those points anyway...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts