Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i been playing IG for a about 5 years now and have a 4500 point troop army (yes there is allot of models), a 3000 point steal legion army (yes there is allot of tanks) but now i'm favouring more an elite army, one which can hit the enemy without relying on pie plates!

-203rd Cadian assault platoon-1500-

-Colonel ‘iron hand’ straken-280-
Company Command Squad
Colonel ‘iron hand’ Straken
Regimental Standard, Medi-Pack, 2 Plasma Guns, 2 Body Guard‘s, Grenadier’s

-Brother Cyrene, Appointed Enginseer-45-
Techpriest Enginseer

-Ezekiel, Assault Psyker-70-
Primaris Psyker

-Ezekiel’s Assault Psyker’s squadron-110-
10 Sanctioned Psyker’s

-138th spec ops unit-120-
5 storm troopers
Power Weapon, Plasma rifle

-209th spec ops unit-120-
5 storm troopers
Power Weapon, Plasma rifle

-Alpha unit-165-
Veteran Squad
Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, 3 Plasma Guns, Grenadier’s

-Bravo unit-165-
Veteran Squad

-Charlie unit-165-
Veteran Squad

-59th Leman russ Vanquisher-260-
Leman Russ Vanquisher
Las-cannon, Extra Amour, Camo Netting, Knight Commander Pask

Ok the main idea with this is to be able to shoot well, i stuck with mainly plasma as overall it is normally best choice, you got great anti infantry, anti heavy infantry and light tank abilities with it and any tank that gets to close will be much by stracken hopefully! The psykers are to add some versatility to the army and there a good cheep unit i feel, especially when it comes to taking on high toughness units and also tanks (baring mind they get worse with damage). Storm troopers are going to give me the edge over other units with the ability to infiltrate or deep strike (only real changes to this could be melta guns). And then my beloved vanquisher which i can never leave home without!

so guy's n gal's please say any advice you would say for this list?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I'd say drop the enginseer and pick up demolitions for one of your vet squads to get some more anti tank oomph and pick up another plasmagun for your stormtroooper squad. The vanquisher is expensive power klaw bait, go with a demolisher for less.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so drop the enginseer to give a unit demolitions then this way i can drop all plasma guns in the same veteran squad to melter guns and have enough points for 2 more plasma's so i can get 2 in each storm trooper squad.

I know vanquisher would be costly unit to lose but i feel it would make its points rather quickly i mean its more or likely gonna get at least 1 penetrating hit per turn which is why my army has less anti tank fire then i would normally run. might think about adding a demolisher for 2k points!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
In order to make its points back, the vanquisher (as configured) would have to kill two predators, five rhinos, or one landraider. A penetrating hit has a 1 in 3 chance of a vehicle kill. So two uninterrupted turns of firing at a landraider is the most ideal scenario on making the points back.

In my opinion you would do better with two devil dogs with hull multimeltas as tank hunters. They are fast vehicles which makes them more maneverable and more difficult to assault and they would need to be killed twice, all for about the same price as your vanquisher. Additionally having two tank hunters would give you the ability to engage multiple targets as well as some redundancy to deal with a luck shot from your opponent.

·
I Expect the Inquisition
1,422 Posts
I just realized this is a foot list. I'm not sure there is enough survivability for it to be viable, even with 4+ saves. This looks like a fragile marine list, but with more plasma. So, glass cannons, essentially. But since you are one foot, you are too slow to make it work. Marines have jetpacks, bikes or wolves.

But if you really like the theme of the list, I'd consider:
-Techpriest
-Primaris
-Vanquisher
+Bane Wolf
+Bane Wolf
+Bane Wolf
To make room you might need to:
-Some plasma
+Melta

1 - 5 of 5 Posts