Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought of this Army while at work today so some of the points may be off, but I'm fairly sure they are correct. Its very shooty as I would hope most IW armies are but I think lacks any hard hitting Counter attackers which will be needed vs those armies that can get first turn charge. But here we go:

HQ:
Lt With Kai Gun = 70pts

Elites:
2 x Obliterators (Close to Basalisk for close range support) = 140
1 x Obliterator (Deep Striking) = 70
1 x Obliterator (Deep Striking) = 70

Troops:
5x Chaos Space Marines +Lascannon = 85

Heavy Support:
8x Chaos Space Marines +4 xMissile Launchers + MOCU = 200
8x Chaos Space Marines +4 xAutocannons + MOCU = 200
8x Chaos Space Marines +4 xAutocannons + MOCU = 200
Basalisk +Indirect Fire = 125

= 1,500pts
54 Infantry 1 vehicle

Any suggestions for an Counter Attack CC unit that could replace something or other?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Your build looks pretty solid. My one concern pivots around your basilisk. Since you aren't a vehicle oriented army, your basilisk (even with indirect fire) should go down fairly quickly. There are enough armies out there that can swing around cover and blast the basilisk from the side. Even without this consideration, I would drop it in favor of another 8 man havoc squad, only equipped w/ heavy bolters. Even against marines 4 heavy bolters can do significant damage. Also, drop one of your lascannon troop squads to have enough points for the heavy bolter squad (if you should choose to go this route). As it stands you should not have any problems against vehicles, what, with 4 obliterators and 4 lascannons, not to mention your missile launcher squad.

·
Spiky
768 Posts
The basilisk doesn't cost a lot and can do much more damage, stick with it. My opinion is that if someone is able to get close up an personnal with your army, he deserve to win. You will ripe most army appart before the 3rd turn. But, if it is your will to have a CC option, I would suggest to convert your lieutenant with a bike and a power weapon. He will be able to go anywhere he's needed and he will be able to support any squad melee (assuming that a squad had made it to melee).

Also, I would suggest to reduce the number of models in the havocs squads as so many aren't needed. Instead, build a 8 CSM CCW squad.

And I would infiltrate one of my havoc squad, so they will deploy last, which allows you to choose a better position. And what about tank hunter Vet Skill on those autocannon ?

Anyway, this is already a good army, except for the lieutenant, but he is not so usefull. If you like the kai gun, give it to an AC instead, it will be more usefull. Lord and lieutenants a best used in melee.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
id drop numbers in the havocs and create a dual plasma squad. get rid of two the lascannon squads and possibly the bassilisck and introduce a vindicator. pop your Lt with the dual plasma squad.

Anyway, this is already a good army, except for the lieutenant, but he is not so usefull. If you like the kai gun, give it to an AC instead, it will be more usefull. Lord and lieutenants a best used in melee.
The HQ choices are good in combat but the Lt hits on 2+ the ASP hits on 3+ The LT should kill two while the ASP will kill one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I don't think I would want to drasticaly change the list.
@ Dropping the Havoc squad's members I have read it is safer and more durable to have about the same amount of spare models per Heavy weapons. And as these Devastator squad's are going to be on most oppenents top/or near top priority list I want them as durable as possible.

@I like the Basalisk's Indirect fire option, it allows me to predict how the opponent will place his following squads when I place it. It's cheap and powerful but quite vunerable so is more dependant on it's placement. Vs a Vindicator. The range is the biggest factor in a vindicator, it is it's biggest weakness for me.

How does this sound for adjustment's:
Drop 1 lascannon squad = +85
Drop MOCU from one of the Havoc unit's = +8

Lt with Dark Blade, Bolt Pistol, MOCU, Frags = -77
3 x Aspiring Champions with Powerfist's = 84 ( 3 in Havoc Squads ) 1 Ac with D.Visage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts