Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Because of the Armageddon deals, i bought two of their Iyanden boxes (3 warlocks, 10 wraithguard and 1 wraithlord a piece). I have always wanted to field this army but at 10 or 15 dollars (can't remember which) per wraithguard i said no way. Now i've got a bit of a conundrum, i'm not sure how exactly to play or build this into an effect army. before i get ahead of myself let me list what i have (not an army list just what pieces are available)

3 Fire Prisms
4 Vypers
10 Jetbikes (1 is warlock)
20 Guardians
2 Wave Serpants
2 farseers
8 warlocks
21 wraithguard (i bought the extra 1 in the store once i decided to order the two big boxes of them)
3 wraithlords
Eldrad Uthran

As you can see I have an Ulthwe pieces thrown in there. I would like this army to be fluffy as well as effective. This is the list i have so far. Please let me know what you think

HQ: Farseer: Fortune, Spirit Stones, Guide, 125
Elite: Wraithguard x 5 + Spirit Seer Conceal + Wave Serpant + twin-linked shuriken cannons + spirit stones: 331
Troop: Wraithguard x10 + Spirit Seer: conceal: 396
Heavy: Wraithlord + Wraithsword + Eldar Missile Launcher: 125

I know its not great but thats why i'm asking for help. Let the dead protect their loved ones once more.

P.S I forgot to mention my tactics. Essentially the two large squads of wraithguard would march along side the wraithlord and farseers (seers in the squads). with fortune, and guide, and conceal, those squads will be hard to kill and they will hit very easily. The "fast attack" wraith guard will basically try to flank any vehicle who has a ordnance weapon.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Ok, farseers are ok, nice and plain.
Give the wave serpent a twin BL for a bit of extra long range AT. Also, Vectored engines are handy but not essential.
Troops: Good.
HS: The wraithsword - while it looks cool - is useless. Much better to go for another gun (maybe a BL for more anti-tank). You don't lose any effectiveness in CC (well, a re-roll but that is it) and gain more versatility and effectiveness in shooting.
As far as tactics go, you really don't have that many options, lol. It's basically plod + send something to the warp, rinse and repeat and maybe belt something up in cc.

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have my codex with me but i think by swapping out the sword and RL, the wraithlord could have a bright lance. the only reason that the wave serpent has a shuriken cannon is a points saver. I won't be able to modify this list till tomorrow, i can't wait:)

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here is a list without the wave serpent and the small wraithguard unit inside it.

Elite: Wraithguard x 5 + Spirit Seer Conceal + Wave Serpant + twin-linked shuriken cannons + spirit stones: 331
Heavy: Wraithlord + BL + Eldar Missile Launcher: 155
Heavy: Wraithlord + BL + Scatter Laser :150
Heavy WraithLord + BL + Scatter Laser: 150

What do you think?

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on guiding the wraithlords until the wraithguard get into range. the fortune will always be on the guard unless a WL is reduced to 1 wound and is in cover

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
ok there is 2 ways to go with this list, and you are certainly managing one of them, however, I would propose you try the other, consider minising the number of WG in your troops (you can use all 21 in appocalypse battles) and use them for elites, put each WG squad with a warlock in a serpent and give the serpents AT weapons, then your have fast manouverable AT, the ability to deliver a nasty shock anywhere on the field and a rolling fire base

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i was thinking about doing that. With Iyanden's depleted numbers, would it be fluffy for me to take dire avengers as troop choices or maybe just one avenger squad and one WG squad.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
People automaticallyu assume Iyanden is all about wraiths, but it still has live boddies, it is entirely fluffy to use either approach

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh i know they still have living eldar. I just love the wraith so much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
First off nice list very fluffy :)

The only things i would do personally is change out guide, it won't really help that much (some singing spears on those seers would be nice) and maybe changing out the BL's, on the WL's with scatter lasers, to EML's just for the bonus of that plasma template (pinning is great) for hoard killing and if 25 WG can't kill all the tanks something is up.
Alternatively you could change the 2 scatter lasers to BL's with those extra points. Also take runes of warding, they are sooo cool. Also you can't go wrong with avengers if you choose that route. Best of luck.

·
The Pacifist Wargamer
1,512 Posts
Yea i was thinking about doing that. With Iyanden's depleted numbers, would it be fluffy for me to take dire avengers as troop choices or maybe just one avenger squad and one WG squad.
In fact, before the Tyranid incident, Iyanden was renowned for its Dire Avengers. You'd almost be remiss in not taking some.

·
Inquisitorial Aspirant
452 Posts
I imagine that as the Craftworld begins to recover the eldar would be forced to mobilize as many guardians as possible. They still need craftsman to rebuild and in times of need they'd step forward to defend their beleaugered craftworld.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts