Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first generated Chaos Space Marine Army list. It is a 1500 point list.

HQ:

Kharn the betrayer: 165

Daemon Prince, wings: 130

Troops:

Rhinox3 with havoc launcher: 150

7 Khorne Berzerkers: 147
1 Skull Champion with power weapon: 30
(8 total)

(8 total)

6 Khorne Berzerkers: 126
(Kharn, 8 total)

Heavy Support:

Predator: Twin Linked Las, Heavy Bolters: 135

Predator: Auto Cannon, Heavy bolters, Havoc launcher: 115

2 Obliterators: 150

2 Obliterators: 150

Total: 1495

Im not quite sure if this is a competitive army list, but i love predators, and obliterators. Any suggestion on my list, about how to strengthen and complete my army will help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you really like CC Chaos army, then 2 defilers with 2 CC Weapons each are better choices in you Heavy.

I've just started Chaos and painting a list similar to that but with 1 squad of 10 berserkers with Champ in Rhino (Launcher), 2nd squad of 9 Berserkers with Kharn in Rhina, 10 Chaos SM with 2x Melta in Rhino (Launcher), 2 Defilers with CC Weapons and Flamers, DP with wings and lash. and a pred with lasc sponsons and Havoc Launcher.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Something interesting you might think about is using a squad of havocs equipped with 4x flamers, with a champ equipped with a combi-flamer, and shielded by a rhino with a combi-flamer. Give em an IoK and equip the champ with a PW or PF and thats a pretty crazy cc unit for about 200pts.

They have uber grit , so +1 attacks for 2ccw, +1 for charging , +1 for khorne, (additional +1 on the champ), and 1 base = 4 attacks for the regular guys, and 5 for the champion. 6 flamers is pretty hilarious.

If you want more squad members to bulk up the unit, drop the champ and replace those points with regular squad members(they cost the same as regular csms so you can get quite a bit).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Newer

Yeah i think im going to incorporate those havocs, what do you think about termys. I dont know if i should use them or what. And if i did what are some tactics with them

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually, instead of having the 2 squads of 2 Obliterators each, try 2 squads of 4 teminators with power weapons and all with combi-melta, that is 140 points per squad of 4. You deep strike them behind enemy line and fire off the meltas. with the 20 points peft, you can give one termie per squad a power fist in case melta did nothing. Together with your pred that should cause your opponent problem with his tanks or transports, besides, your termies may survive the shooting after that and get into close combat and allow your berserkers to move forward.

You can make it even cheap with 2 squads of 3 termies, that's 105 points for tank hunting, most tanks cost more than that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Termys

Hey thanks for that post, i think im going to use them in my 1750 and 1850 list. If i did what would be some stratagies. I have never used them before. And help if very appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another question

with the unit with kharn, 6 regular berserkers and a champion would i get 16 total attacks? me and my friend are not agreeing about this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
with the unit with kharn, 6 regular berserkers and a champion would i get 16 total attacks? me and my friend are not agreeing about this.
You will get lot more than that!!!

For example, you are assaulting your enemy,

Kharn will have 5 + 1 for having two close combat weapons + 1 for charging = 7

6 Regular Berserkers will have 6x2 + 6 for 6 of them having 2 close combat weapons + 6 for 6 of them chargning = 24

Berserks Champion will have 3 + 1 for having 2 close combat weapons + 1 for charging = 5

So in total Kharn + 6 serkers + 1 serker champ will have 7 + 24 + 5 = 36 attackes

Remember that the berserkers has furious charge and strike at I5 and S5

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Raptors

Hey guys, i have been looking at raptors lately. They look friggin good, but im not quite sure how to use them. I know i don't want bikes and i feel i need some fast attack options. What kind of squad should i get for taking out tanks or infantry. Really need help on this one.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I like a squad of raptors(actually use them with my lord, but I don't think that works for you, a sorc works ok too, but again khorne is kinda against that) with meltas, and maybe even meltabombs on the champ if you really feel you need even more. They get a ridiculous amount of attacks on charge with Icon of Khorne and are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HQs

Thanks for that reply, i may use the raptors with 2 meltaguns. I have another question. I have been reading some forums and they are saying in 2k and less you should not use kharn. What do you guys think if i get rid of him that will free up 165 points, but he is a strong hq. Any replies will help, and are apreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Updated

This is my updated army list that i want to try.

HQ:

Daemon Prince, wings, MoK: 140

Troops:

(8 total)

(8 total)

(8 total)

Fast Attack:

7 Chaos Raptors: 140
2 with meltaguns: 60
Aspiring Champion with power fist: 60
All with Khorne: 30
(10 total)

Heavy Support:

Predator: Auto Cannon, heavy bolters, Havoc launcher: 115

I have never used the raptors, but I think im going to use them for two different things. If the game is kill points ill charge them to be a fire magnet, and take out a tank. Also if we are playing bases to contest. Any suggestions or other strats with this list will be helpful. Is this a competitive army list?
Any ideas will help and are appreciated.

·
Registered
279 Posts
at 165 he's actually a bit cheaper than the jump pack lord that i use. I don't see why you wouldnt use him at 1k or 2k if you want a nice close combat army.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Skull Champion is an upgrade, so you need to pay for a squad of 8 normal Berserks and pay extra 15 to upgrade one to Skull Champion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait

For the 1 raptor is 20+ 15 for being a chap is 35. +25 for the fist is 60. Thats what i had. Should i switch his bolt pistol for a pair of lightning claws for 25?

·
Registered
105 Posts
For the 1 raptor is 20+ 15 for being a chap is 35. +25 for the fist is 60. Thats what i had. Should i switch his bolt pistol for a pair of lightning claws for 25?
I was talking about "Skull Champion" in your Berserkers squads. You paid the price for upgrading and the power weapon, but not the eighth berserker. So from what you have listed, all your Berserker squads have 7 models in each of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

You are right sorry i missed that so my new army is HQ:

Troops:

1 Skull Champion with power weapon: 51
(8 total)

(8 total)

(8 total)

Heavy Support:

Predator: Auto Cannon, heavy bolters, Havoc launcher: 115

1274 points.

Im second guessing my raptors, they cost to much and are to easy to be killed i think my two princes should be fine being bullet magnets. So what should i do with the rest of my points. I think im going to put into heavy support. Should i use another pred, vidicator, defiler, a couple of oblits? I have no idea any comments will help, thanks guys with all the help so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
First, use the points to bring all your Berserker squads up to 10.

Then you can think about using the remaining points to have 1 squad of 3-5 terminators with combi melta and power weapons or may be 3 combi-melta and 2 heavy flamers. This unit can deep strike and hunt tanks or infantry squad with some meltas and 2 templates.

I played a game during the weekend, my 3 termies all with combi-melta deep strike and took out a Rhino, survived the rapid fire, krak missile and plasma gun from the ten man squad in the rhino. I rapid fire the squad and charge them, killed 8 loss none and run them out of the board, turn around and shaken a razorback for my berserkers to wreck it with 33 S5 attacks :).

My 103 points termies took out stuff worth about 200+ points in total.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts