Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
might need more warriors. comments welcome. i havent played in a while but dug this up from a file on my computer and made some tweaks.

what do you guys use for anti armor? there is really not a whole lot worth taking that can punch through anything, any suggestions?

HQ:
Lord (Veil and Orb)

Elites:
7 immortals

Troops:
10 warriors
10 warriors

FA:
4 destroyers
4 destroyers

HS:
2 tomb spyders
1 monolith

1501 total
phase out at 9

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Hey RecurringNightmare, welcome to LO! Also welcome to the Necron Tomb!

Your list would be fantastic, if troops weren't so important in 5ed. I would whittle down your immortals and destroyers a bit, and shove in another 10-man squad of them, the phase out boost is nice, but most of all you need them for scoring.

Not really sure where to dig up another 30 points...I hate to say lose a spyder, but that might be what needs to happen here.

Overall I think it is a fine list. Just needs some more objective drones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HQ:
Lord (Veil and Orb)

Elites:
5 immortals

Troops:
10 warriors
10 warriors
10 warriors

FA:
4 destroyers
4 destroyers

HS:
1 monolith

1515(?, probably not legal,blargh) total
phase out at 11

thats the first edit. needs more tweakage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In my catastrophic experience I have come to the conclusion that 5 immortals can be easily disposed of in a good round of shooting. A single Leman Russ vaporised my unit Turn 1...

I would avise you to :
- bring more than 5 immortals
- bring more than 1 unit of said immortals ;)
- Veil + Orb lord are super expensive, so I would drop the veil altogether

So here I would drop them, add destroyers (you could add 4 for the price of 5 immortals and Veil)

My 2 cents ;)

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Aye, with only five immortals I don't think veil of darkness would be your best bet. Use the points to grab more immortals and buff up that squad, or maybe grab a spyder. Kind of a tough call at this point.

In replacement for the veil you could add gaze of flame and phase shifter/destroyer body to your lord, make your res orb more survivable and powerful. You do need to lose 15 points, generally it is advised to stay within about 5 points of the decided poitns you play at.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Id take philacratey instead I always whenever i take immortals take 10 strong it works out that way for some reason they seem to be more effective. Ive run a list like this but with a little more warriors no monolith and 5 more immortals warsycth rez orb philacratey on lord.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hmm... So you'd get 185pts (thats minus the 15 you're over by) if you'd dropped the immortals and the veil.

Let's see what you could field with those points:
10 scarabs with D-fields (beautiful little things)
8 scarabs with D-fields and 1 tomb spyder
If you just take off veil, you could get an additional 2 immortals, making a total of 7

But in terms of other artifacts, GoF will go a long way in helping you. The denial of the bonus charging attack makes all the difference in CC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 Lord( destroyer body, phase shifter)

11 Warriors
11 Warriors
11 Warriors

5 Destroyers
5 Destroyers

Monolith
Tomb Spyder
Tomb Spyder

I guess redundancy always helps.

dropped the res orb since if destroyers are in CC against PW opponents, you're doing it wrong. and hopefully with the 2x Spyder and monolith WBB will be pretty good

phase out at 11

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
If the Destroyers don't need a res orb, and won't be getting into combat, what precisely is the Lord's function?

Necron Lords are, above all, support assets to the rest of your force, put them in a place where they are needed, running around with destroyers is honestly the last place a Lord would ever be useful to you.

Most players run their Necron Lord with a res orb in warriors because that is where it is often useful. Granting those squads increased durability, as well as a high-end extra punch in combat. (S5 power weapons are nothing to be scoffed at)

If you aren't looking for a standard foot-orb lord, a destroyer lord does have it's places. Scarabs are a wonderful home for a destroyer lord, and several functions that necrons require an be found there.

-Bug Zapper= This is an anti-horde unit. Take 8+ scarabs, and a Destroyer Lord with a Lightning Field. Charge it into a large infantry squad, and soak wounds, rebounding them on your opponent.

-Tank Hunters= D-Lord w/ warscythe, scarabs (6+) with disruption fields. Charge at vehicle, chop up, rinse, repeat.

You are able to Double up on this combo if you desire, kill a vehicle or two, and then charge into an infantry unit, and tie it up and kill it for the rest of the game.

Dropping your destroyer squads down one each should give you plenty of points for this by the way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your points count is also off : I exceed 1540 with your list, not even counting Lord wargear ;)

You should choose your Lord's role as Alzer said :
- either foot support was warriors, in which case Orb and maybe Gaze of Flames come in handy
- assault unit, with Desytroyer body, scythe or whatever in which case you need to think of someone to support the Lord ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.