Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Eldar don't need Heavies to be competitive imo, you can just run Troops, Dragons and Seers with great transports and beat tons of armies.
if we look at eldar as a giant meat blending machine: eldar HQ is the speed dial, troops are the conveyor belt, fast attack/heavy support are the tenderisers and the elites are the very very sharp and nasty blades that rip and tear everything that enters their domain to a pulp.

hopefully that explains Prince's point in a creative mannor that you can latch onto :dance:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well I just look at what the Heavies do and it's simple.

Reapers: Kill MEQs. DA's, Guardians, Banshees, Scorps and Avatar can all do this.

Prisms: Kills vehicles if linked and any infantry, usually if linked. Dragons kill armor better and EMLs do fine against weak armor. Eldar is rich with infantry killers so, not a problem.

Wraithlords: Shoots the same as a Serpent and is a speedbump. Avatars, Banshees and Scorps can CC better, they just can't hold things up forever but Eldar doesn't NEED that.

Support Batteries: Not good at anything they do on their own.

Falcons: A more expensive Serpent that's easier to kill and holds less, all for a relatively bad gun, Serpents outperform.

That's why I don't see Heavies as a must run.
very true :) for mech especially because your already going to be right next to the opponent's models anyway so having long ranged units don't necessarily support your close ranged units as well as a close ranged alternative. however if your army is one that sits are mid to long range then the heavy support options can become an alternative (not a replacement)

as far as the list is concerned, i agree with prince in dropping the Blances they really won't make any difference compared to dragons against land raiders/monoliths, also if you are running 2 farseers have you considered picking up a fortune instead of guide on one of them and sticking that one with the banshees/DAs? (the unit that will take the most pummeling)

i would also drop one fire prism because 3 is slight overkill seeing as a double beam = S6 AP3 or S10 AP1 and a triple beam = S7 AP2 or S10 AP1, it's a waste to 3 link prisms onto things like terminators because a focused unlinked will do the exact same thing and those points could pick up a dragons squad :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.