Librarium Online Forums banner

[1500] Mechanised Dark Angels

553 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  SoulTormentorr 
#1 ·
Been a long time since I've posted here. I've been working on this Dark Angels list and wanted to see what you all thought. Comment at will.

HQ
--
Interrogator Chaplain
- Plasma Pistol
Total: 135 points

Command Squad
- Power Fist
- Razorback w/Twin-linked Lascannon
Total: 210 points

Troops
------
10 Tactical Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
- Power Fist
Total: 305 points

10 Tactical Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
- Power Fist

Fast Attack
-----------
10 Assault Marines
- Power Fist
Total: 260 points

Heavy Support
-------------
Predator Destructor
- Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Total: 95 points

Predator Destructor
- Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Predator Destructor
- Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Overall: 1500 points

See less See more
#3 ·
hey, looks nice but some problems.

10 Tactical Marines
- Plasma Gun
- Lascannon
- Power Fist

- can't have more than 6 peeps in a razorback

and

Predator Destructor
- Heavy Bolter Sponsons

- im pretty sure these are either 105-120

#4 ·
Please, the DA dex came almost a year ago, and people do the same mistakes over, and over again. Just read the the topic name and you will find that this a DARK ANGELS army, and this list is completely legal.

As for the list it's ok, but you seem not to take any advantage of the special rules and units that the dark angels army have. You could do just the same list with normal marines, and it could be maybe even cheaper in points. Aside from that :
Razorbacks with LC are not really worth it imho- They are very expensive for vehicle with a rhinos armour. And if you want to use it as a transport for you combat squad, then you will have to choose - drive 6" and shoot which is exactly the same as foot slogging or drive 12" and waste the points you've paid for the LC.
I would take the plasma pistol of your chaplain, change at least one razorback to rhino, or just take off the LC, and give your hero a fist, and a jump pack, I believe that he would do much more with the assault squad.
The comand squad if ok, but you can have a veteran squad which does exactly the same for a few point less.
And I would take dozer blades on you preds.

Good luck.

#5 ·
Not a bad start, similar to a 1500 mech list I posted here. You are using assault marines where I am using veterans. The option to combat squad those guys is great, don't forget that tactic.

Some suggestions would be as mika said, drop the TLLC on the razorbacks. If you plan on using as transport for the combat squad you won't be able to shoot after moving 12", which you want to be able to do. Also I would drop one of the predator destructors for either an annihilator version(since I'm suggestion dropping the LC on the razors) or go for a whirlwind. With the points saved, get an apothocary in that command unit. Maybe also consider a couple of plasmapistols in the assault unit. That way if you combat squad, leave the two plasmapistols in one half, and the powerfist in the other half.

#9 ·
Sounds good but it would also be a help if you pointed out combat squads in your list. I would love to challenge this list with my dark eldar, although im 500 points short...

The three predators look menacing and couple with the assault squad and razorbacks, you have a hard hitting army with decent speed.

ST

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.