Troops: 10 Veterans, 3 Plasma, lasguns, Chimera ML+HB 170

Troops: 10 Veterans, 3 Melta, shotguns, Chimera ML+HF 155

Troops: 25 man platoon. PCS 2 flamer, 2xSquad with GL 150

Fast: Vendetta, HB door gunners 140

• The HQ and plasma vets either advance or stay put providing fire support. Their chimeras keep the hull HBs as they sometimes remain stationary.
  • Melta vets get stuck in with driveby melta and hull heavy flamers.
  • The cheap platoon could drop off squads in cover to hold home objectives or mount up in the vendettas to make them scoring and have the option to dismount and polish off victims.
  • Initially the vendettas plod around in the backfeild using lascannon against tanks or transports. In later turns they will either continue firesupport against decent infantry with the HBs chipping in or switch to moving quickly and delivering passengers and claiming objectives. Outflanking with them is likely only in dawn of war missions.
9xAV12 vehicles should be enought to overload enemy antitank ability. In 2000 points adding 6 hydras and an Autocannon to each vet squad could be fun.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would disagree and say keep the HB sponsons, you will only be moving 6" anyway so you can fire all of your guns and HB have a small chance of piercing armor too :p

I would switch one plasma squad to melta to give the pcs it's 2 flamers. You have the extra guys, why not.

Your mobile anti-horde is also slightly lacking, so you could drop a single vendetta (they run pretty well in twos anyway) and give that flaming pcs a chimera. With the other points you could get a griffon, marbo, or several other things.

·
Registered
230 Posts
At the risk of de-railing the thread:

Check the rules for vehicles firing. Vendettas are fast vehicles, which means moving 6" or less ("combat speed") they can fire "All Weapons".

This is, incidentally, why they can fire all three lascannons and still move 6". HB sponsons aren't amazing, but as I said, he will only be moving 6" to fire all of his lascannons anyway and they are only 10 pts. Not a bad value.

·
Registered
35 Posts
*doh*...yup i was wrong...no i dea what i was thinking about the HB not being able to fire...either way...if the infantry are just going to sit on objectives...then give them autocannons so they can atleast be involved in the game...losing the 3 HB sponsons gives you the points for 2 autocannons and the other 2 flamers

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
I'm guessing the infantry ride in the Vendettas, hence the lack of heavy weapons (I'd just pop flamers on them).

Dropping a unit of Vets for something like 2 Griffons or a Manticore/Medusa would give you some nice firepower at range while keeping your AV12 theme.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.