Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting up a new Imperial Guard army after playing Necrons for a few years. I want to take advantage of the tanks Guard offers (I'd like to use something other than monoliths for once:)). Anyway, feedback is appreciated!

CCS- CC Plas. Pistol, 4x Melta, Chimera

3x Vets- 3x Melta, Carapace, Sgt. PW, Chimera each
1x Vets- 3x Melta, Carapace, Vendetta

2x Russ- Battle Cannon
1x Russ- Dem. Cannon, Lascannon

1500 pts.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Welcome to to Imperial guard ;)

CCS- CC Plas. Pistol, 4x Melta, Chimera
Good, I would drop the plasma pistol, 15 points is a fair few points, what will a plasma pistol do for you?

3x Vets- 3x Melta, Carapace, Sgt. PW, Chimera each
Carapace is an expensive way to give Veterans a tiny bit more survivability for a large chunk of points. Added to the fact they are in a chimera (that will protect them and prevent carapace armor being used whilst inside) make carapace armor is a bad use of points.
...also you don't want your guardsmen in close combat, if they some how find themselves in combat, you want them to die quickly so that you can shoot the unit assaulting them. ( so a PW makes the squad worse for more points.)

1x Vets- 3x Melta, Carapace, Vendetta
Same about the carapace armor here... demolishions are what you want on these guys. Usually you would want 2 Vendettas, rather than just one to increase survivability.

2x Russ- Battle Cannon
Ok...

1x Russ- Dem. Cannon, Lascannon
A BS3 lascannon that can't take orders is useless (and costs points!) a heavy flamer much better suits the demolisher, is free and will probably kill more enemies. You have 2 battle cannon variants but you might want to consider dropping them and getting another Demolisher, this will increase both the demolishers and the chimeras survivability. You could then get another vendetta and with left over points, get a squad to go in it.

Apart from that its pretty much fine, remeber to put Heavy flamers and multi lasers on the chimeras and your set.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
For the most part, I have to agree with sonoftheemperor on this list. I will diverge slightly on the load-out for tanks. I think that a russ is a good place for a hull lascannon. I agree with sonoftheemperor that the LRBT is a better place than the Demolisher in that the Demolisher is a close range tank while the LRBT matches the range profile of the lascannon better. Overall, the basic concept of your list is solid. Following some of sonoftheemperor's suggestions will give you some more points to play with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts