1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ: Warboss; PK; Squig; Cybork; eavy Armour; 115
HQ: Warboss; Pk; Cybork; eavy Armour; 100

FAST: Warbiker x 6; Nob; PK (185)
FAST: Warbiker x 6; Nob; PK (185)

Troop: Slugga Boyz x 12; Nob; PK; Trukk: Red Paint (147)
Troop: Mega Nobz x 3; Trukk: Red Paint (160)
Troop: Mega Nobz x 3; Trukk: Red Paint (160)

Since I'm taking Mega Nobz as troop choices and they are in Trukks, the opponent doesn't know which of the 6 APCs have the elite troopers. The warbikers are the main anti-tank for this list. Any Thoughts are Welcome

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Has promise

I like the overall premise of the army, but why only have 3 Meganobz in each trukk? Why not field 5 each? It'll be a lot more effective, and you'll still have room for the warbosses.

At least, I assume you'll be fielding the warboss with them, and in this case you'll want a bosspole on both of them.

I'd also field one unit of 9 bikes w/ a PK nob, instead of two with 6, and you should also add a bosspole. Even if you keep two units of 6, without a bosspole, those units will be retreating rather quickly.

Instead of a second unit of bikes, if you're really interesting in hunting tanks, I'd include 2 Rokkit buggies. With 2 twin linked rokkit shots a turn, and fast speed, I think it's more effective than spending a few turns supercharging until you can reach back armor with bikes.

4 more meganobz costs 160 points, but removing the bike squad and adding three bikes to the second unit brings you down to needing 50 points. Add two rokkit buggies and the three bosspoles, and take off the 7 extra points you had from the beginning, and you need 128 points total

In a 1500 point game, I would remove one of the normal trukk boyz to make up the points, leaving you with 19 extra points, which I'd use to buy an attack squig for the other warboss.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.